There are newer employer reviews for McAfee

McAfee EMEA ist nicht gut, aufgrund von unangebrachtem Verhalten von dem Chef von EMEA... INTEL-Besitzer sehen weg. McAfee EMEA is not good due to inappropriate behaviour of the EMEA leader...INTEL oweenrs look the other way.

I have been working at McAfee full-time (More than 5 years)

(Translated from English)

Pros

Sofware und Lösungen sind supergut

software and soltions are super good

Cons

Chef von EMEA verhält sich unangemessen gegenüber einigem Personal und nutzt daher seine Position aus. Das beinhaltet unangebrachte Besuche von Clubs und Dienstleistungen. Das ist kein gutes Vorbild für die Mitarbeiter und insbesondere weibliche Mitarbeiter fühlen sich beleidigt. Personalabteilung in EMEA beschützt den EMEA-Boss.

EMEA leader does inappropriate behaviour with some staff and thus abuses his position. This includes inapproriate visits to clubs and services. This is not good example to employees adn female empliyees in particualr feel insulted. HR EMEA is proetcting the EMEA leader.

Advice to Management

Intel könnte den Boss bei EMEA auswechseln und das Management bereinigen. Anderenfalls scheint es so, als würde INTEL derartiges Verhalten unterstützen.

Intel should change EMEA leader and clean up the management. Otherwise Intel seems to support such behaviour.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Gut, aber zu niedrige Bezahlung Good, but less pay

I have been working at McAfee part-time

(Translated from English)

Pros

Angenehmes Arbeitsumfeld

Good work Environment to work

Cons

Weniger Lohn für den Surfmaster, ich denke, das ist gerechtfertigt.

less pay for surfmaster, think it is justifiable.

Pretty Good - Depending on Which Department

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at McAfee full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Now that Intel is absorbing McAfee into their company culture, many things may change, but when I was there:
    - Benefits were great.
    - Company culture was fantastic. Everybody was professional.
    - Amazing food at the cafeteria.
    - Great focus on helping employees grow professionally.
    - I also happen to have one of the best managers I've ever worked for.
    - In my case, fantastic work/life balance.
    - You feel like your opinion counts and that your leadership is listening.

Cons

- Insane corruption at the middle and upper management levels. It's not that individual contributors were treated poorly, it's that there were 3 managers per every individual contributor. Basically, imagine a reverse pyramid. Some departments might have a tree that looks like this: Senior Director, Director, 2 Managers, 2 Project Manager, 1 low level employee.
    - The weather of your department changes with every new VP. The company could spend millions working on developing a system. VP would get replaced, and the system would be thrown out the window, with another multi-million dollar project on the way. Then, before that project would be finished, the VP would get replaced again, and the dance would start all over again.
    - I am going to get labeled as a prejudiced person here, but here goes: Many individuals who work at McAfee are clearly still following the old caste system and the belief that men are superior to women. This is what I saw and it was disgusting to watch. If you are a woman and you find yourself in a department with a certain population that has a long history of having a caste system, you will probably have a very difficult time succeeding or getting recognized for your efforts. The discrimination isn't everywhere, but it sure is rampant. Call me a racist all you want. This is what I witnessed.
    - Emails, emails, emails. 50 emails on a slow day. Hundreds of emails on a busy day.
    - All the cars bake in the sun, but that's a minor complaint.