McAfee

www.mcafee.com
There are newer employer reviews for McAfee

Good experience working at McAfee for many years.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at McAfee full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work at McAfee are the people, strong product mix for sales revenue and product intregration for a stable foundation.

Cons

Some of the downside issues of working at McAfee is the difficulty for internal transfers and inconsistant communications with management.

If McAfee Management set a strong example along with a composed communication, rather than 'do as I say, not as I do', the message of constant change and improvement would be improved.

527 Other Employee Reviews for McAfee (View Most Recent)

Good people; good technology.

Current Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Director in New York, NY

I have been working at McAfee full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Name recognition. Leader in security.

Cons

Very quarterly focused, resulting in more tactical behaviors than strategic.

Think and communicate long term strategies.

Good place to start but not stay

I have been working at McAfee as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Nice colleagues, free coffee/tea/sodas, free breakfast on Thursdays, subsidized cafeteria, nice team outings and end of year celebration events.

Cons

Very corporate in terms of slow processes, red tape, and politics. If you have new innovative ideas, they might be shot down because management is a lot older and can feel threatened. Also, since McAfee has reached it peak, employees have become lazy. Do not expect to get work done on Fridays, since the building is practically empty with people "working from home."

Only hire the best, most intelligent, and emotionally stable for Manager, Director, VP positions. I witnessed a director who was very hostile in meetings, by attacking employees ideas and belittling their efforts. Managers need LEADERSHIP training, as I witnessed many managers be two-faced with their direct reports. Unacceptable.

There are newer employer reviews for McAfee