McAfee

www.mcafee.com

Most poorly managed company I've ever worked for

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Plano, TX

ProsFree sodas and a ping pong game room. Healthcare benefits are very average, and they cover most of the major holidays with time off.

Cons- Disrespectful and unqualified inside sales management team from management
- Lazy managers who walk around telling jokes and socializing all day while you do their work for them
- Low pay in comparison to the local market
- Very frustrating work environment because most processes are broken so everything has a one off work around that you must get approval for
- No leadership or guidance from the Inside sales Management team because they don't know how to lead. Most are in over their heads in their role at McAfee.
- Executive Managers prey upon young girls in Inside Sales and Channels
- Very lacking in real career opportunities unless you are part of the boys club or one of the pretty girls who catches the eye of the executives
- Low performers and the most mediocre people are promoted because they are well liked and network well. The spend their time networking instead of actually working.
- Fluffed and absolutely falsified data is used to sell internal employees on what a great place McAfee is. There is a constant barrage of messaging and spin about McAfee internally that is based on bad data that would get most people arrested for publicizing.
- They preach about a work life balance however inside sales will be working on Christmas Eve this year and the day after Christmas while all the execs and many Directors will be home with their families.
- The culture in inside sales is very low class and unprofessional. It reminds me of that movie "Boiler Room" where everyone is tatted up, coked up and dialing for dollars on the phone.
- The office workplace is horrible. Very low open walls, everyone can hear what everyone else is saying on the phone. There is zero privacy and professionalism there. Its so loud some days that you can't concentrate on your work.
McAfee is losing market share across all products and Geo's. The previous CEO cut costs to the bone to make McAfee more attractive to a prospective buyer and R&D has really suffered.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement from Intel should come in and clean house and fire all sales management. It's an absolute disaster there.

Very good

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Plano, TX

I have been working at McAfee as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Open door culture with very challenging work. Good innovations and… Cons: Too busy. They are understaffed and sometimes overworked. Advice to Senior Management: Get more people to share the load. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not the best place to work for

Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at McAfee full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great benefits and culture is ok Cons: Management was poor and do not care about their employees Advice to Senior Management: Get feedbacks from employees to see what they can do… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on McAfee.

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!