There are newer employer reviews for McAfee

McAfee- A real great place to work

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Great Culture Flexible timings Great compensation Great fun at work Great respect for the employee

Cons

Even though there is great growth architecture designed, Manegrs are incapable of implementing the same

Advice to Management

Its great. Continue the good work

Other Employee Reviews for McAfee

Dont expect any career path or training

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)

Pros

Flexi-hours very useful Causal dress makes a more relaxed atmosphere

Cons

- Very little in the way of training - Very little in the way of career development - No structured grading system used for jobs

Advice to Management

Set clear grading levels for different fields so people know how to move ahead in their career

2. A great place to work

Pros

plenty of recognition if you do a good job. leaders in technology products respect for all employees. great benefits great salary if you do a good job

Cons

the big negative is nepotism which is common in many companies but once the new senior management was hired they were all from Mercury. After that many executives being hired were part of the Mercury club. They are not bad people but its very obvious to the employees lower down the chain and it shows favoritism based on "who you know" not "what you know"

Advice to Management

Dave DeWalt is doing a great job leading the company. He is a great speaker and representative for the company. Cut down on hiring people from Mercury or the good old boy network. Cut down on middle management. They are nice people but they cost the company money and are focused on paperwork, timesheets, and measuring the performance of people below them. It seems we have too many managers and not enough workers like QA, technical engineers and people who improve the products. We have too many RD's, CTOs (what does that group do under George Kurtz, theres about 8 CTOs that do nothing as far as i see). We need to improve our QA process significantly across all products and content. We have grown thru acquisitions and while our products are the strongest in the industry we need better QA and testing before releasing to the world. Overall its still a GREAT company. No one is perfect out there but there is always room for improvement.