McAfee

www.mcafee.com
There are newer employer reviews for McAfee

Dont expect any career path or training

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England (UK)

I have been working at McAfee

Pros

Flexi-hours very useful
Causal dress makes a more relaxed atmosphere

Cons

- Very little in the way of training
- Very little in the way of career development
- No structured grading system used for jobs

Set clear grading levels for different fields so people know how to move ahead in their career

526 Other Employee Reviews for McAfee (View Most Recent)

A great place to work

I have been working at McAfee

Pros

plenty of recognition if you do a good job.
    leaders in technology products
    respect for all employees.
    great benefits
    great salary if you do a good job

Cons

the big negative is nepotism which is common in many companies but once the new senior management was hired they were all from Mercury. After that many executives being hired were part of the Mercury club. They are not bad people but its very obvious to the employees lower down the chain and it shows favoritism based on "who you know" not "what you know"

Dave DeWalt is doing a great job leading the company. He is a great speaker and representative for the company. Cut down on hiring people from Mercury or the good old boy network. Cut down on middle management. They are nice people but they cost the company money and are focused on paperwork, timesheets, and measuring the performance of people below them. It seems we have too many managers and not enough workers like QA, technical engineers and people who improve the products. We have too many RD's, CTOs (what does that group do under George Kurtz, theres about 8 CTOs that do nothing as far as i see). We need to improve our QA process significantly across all products and content. We have grown thru acquisitions and while our products are the strongest in the industry we need better QA and testing before releasing to the world. Overall its still a GREAT company. No one is perfect out there but there is always room for improvement.

McAfee is far from "Best Place to Work"

I have been working at McAfee

Pros

Flexible working hours
    Great Technologies
    Free coffee, soda and water

Cons

Mid level Managers are unprofessional.

1.They are incompetent .
                Most of times they couldn't give any directions; often they send mixed messages.

2.They have poor communication styles.
    There is No constructive feedbacks regarding performance from managers. Sometime they literally yell at employees in the meetings

McAfee has long way to go to become “Best Place to Work”.

Please rid of mid level managers who can't perform at work and are bad for the company' s moral

There are newer employer reviews for McAfee