There are newer employer reviews for McAfee

Overall a great place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at McAfee

Pros

The company definitely promotes work/life balance. The flexibility and convenience of working remotely is strongly encouraged and endorsed without judgement. Positive energy and a good success story make it a place to be proud of.

Cons

The company can be a bit conservative when it comes to spending money, but that has allowed it to show double digit growth quarter after quarter. It is a responsible way to cost control.

Just keep doing what you're doing!

479 Other Employee Reviews for McAfee (View Most Recent)

McAfee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at McAfee

Pros

Benefits are ok.,learning new technologies

Cons

rules do not seem to be equally enforced,learning new technologies

Management has a tendency to look for the knee jerk reaction( we're having a financial crisis-for example- so we need to free up some headcount) to solve problems instead of looking for looking at the root of an issue (why is morale poor).

In many ways a great place to work, but the culture lives for the IT pecking order/nonsense social politics

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Plano, TX

I worked at McAfee

Pros

Great resources (nice test boxes, great software available, excellent onsite lab, etc)
    Nice campus inside and out
    Great company perks such as fun parties
    Intelligent colleagues
    Great pay
    Overall nice place to be

Cons

In Tier 1 support lots of unrealistic expectations exist. Tier 1 is often used as a pawn in games played by different groups. Management may dictate your interactions with Tier II, then Tier II may give you words for the management, and management will have to go back to Tier II with something. They can go on like this without ever working through the issues directly themselves. The IT pecking order of Tier III treating Tier II not so great and Tier II intern treating Tier I like trash is a major con of working there. People make it out of Tier I and then treat Tier I terribly. That structure makes the job difficult because we heavily rely on their support. You've got to get in good with people to survive. There's a lot of game playing and politics. That's true of any environment. Maybe I just held McAfee to a higher standard, and was surprised that the environment would support it. Interacting with people ends up being so strategic. Politics, politics, politics.

The company is a GREAT place, but I think the higher you are on the pecking order the more positivity you'll absorb. Regardless of these cons, I'd still recommended it to anyone. You'll learn a lot and meet some great people.

Interact with ALL employees more. Work to make a good environment better by discouraging the weird social politics between tiers and middle management. Subtract the weird politics from the equation and you'll have a near perfect company. Keep up the great incentives and resources available.

There are newer employer reviews for McAfee

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!