There are newer employer reviews for McAfee

The pay is good, but at what price?

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at McAfee

Pros

The pay is great, with spiffs that can earn you hefty bonuses. I have seen people earn spiffs of up to $20K if they made their number 2 quarters in a row.

Cons

Extreme pressure to perform. They really don't care about you as a person; just about your numbers. I know this is true of most sales jobs, but it got to a point where the job just wasn't fun anymore.

Maybe if your employees felt like they mattered, they would be more inclined to give 120%. Calling employees on Sunday mornings is also a big no-no.

479 Other Employee Reviews for McAfee (View Most Recent)

Do not go to McAfee if you are looking to make a career. The company is just a stepping stone to other opportunities.

Current Employee - Sales Engineer  in  Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in Herndon, VA

I have been working at McAfee

Pros

The products and the people are the best reasons to work for McAfee

Cons

McAfee hires from outside the company. Very slim chances of advancement at McAfee

Advance people from within the company or the talent will leave.

Mcafee not employee friendly

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at McAfee

Pros

Mcafee has very good products and a great set of internal Support Engineers. Mcafee has a great benefits package. The employees there are a close knit family. Senior Management very competent but dealing with huge changes due to upper Executive changes that were made end of 07. Did I say they have great benefits?

Cons

Employees not given carrer path for advancement. They don't look within for promotions. Knee Jerk Changes with no regards to how it impacts employees mentally nor monetarily. The systems at Mcafee are lacking in making sure employees are paid correctly. Finance unaccountable for communicating wages expected and when people will get paid.

Do a better job taking care of current employees

There are newer employer reviews for McAfee

Worked for McAfee? Contribute to the Community!