Reputable global ad agency.

Current Employee - Account Executive
Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at McCann Erickson

Pros

Best place to learn in a structured environment thus a great place for a beginner to learn standard protocol.

Cons

There are downsides to such structure. Sometimes does not allow for the most creative leeway.

Get to know more ground level people, it is respectable.

Other Reviews for McCann Erickson

A great place to start

Current Employee - Account Supervisor  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at McCann Erickson

Pros

Great people, great opportunities for career growth and development. A large agency but depending on what brand you work on it can feel like a small agency within an agency. Company culture has improved over the past year and senior management is getting better which is helping the agency to grow and to retain its employees better.

Cons

Compensation is low, most senior management is constantly changing, resulting in not a lot of passion for the agency, more for the brand you work on. I do wish we stood up for our work a bit more. as well, taking a model like W+K.

Build the brand of McCann Erickson better for your employees and you will retain them better.

Stability in employment, but long hours and low pay

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at McCann Erickson

Pros

One of the most well known agencies so it is definitely a resume builder. McCann is a huge agency. The NY office alone is around 3000 employees. Having this big agency experience is very helpful when moving to other agencies. I believe if I moved to a smaller market, having working at a big agency such as McCann will be a plus. Also, since it is such a large agency, it has a lot of clients which helps employment stability.

Cons

Lost in the shuffle. Long, long hours. Low pay. (low pay and long hours isn't the best equation). Tons of hierarchy

More flexibility within positions

There are newer employer reviews for McCann Erickson.

Worked for McCann Erickson? Contribute to the Community!