There are newer employer reviews for McCann Worldgroup

Always fast paced and exciting. At times, an inefficient workplace due to sheer scale.

Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY
Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at McCann Worldgroup full-time

Pros

Access to award winning integrated media plans from the world's largest companies. Gives a colorful and memorable taste of what media agency life is like in NYC.

Cons

4-5 month learning curve and industry-wide low pay on agency side.

Promote more connections inter-team.

89 Other Employee Reviews for McCann Worldgroup (View Most Recent)

The work was challenging but the politics was not.

Former Employee - Production Artist in Birmingham, MI
    Former Employee - Production Artist in Birmingham, MI

I worked at McCann Worldgroup as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Interesting work that allowed me to improve my skill set. The other artists I worked with were helpful as well as talented. Working in downtown Birmingham was a big plus.

Cons

The art directors were very opinionated about whom they would work for to the point of nepotism. Lost my job to a friend of a friend even though my manager assured me my work, attitude and professionalism were not an issue.

It was a good experience

Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Fort Knox, KY
    Former Employee - Assistant Account Executive in Fort Knox, KY

I worked at McCann Worldgroup full-time (more than an year)

Pros

*4 summer Fridays off - and you got to choose them. The company I left McCann for gave us 4 Fridays off but they were based seniority, client need, and you had to work an extra half hour each day to redeem them - it wasn't "free"
    * Dec 25-Jan1 off, but if you worked that week you received 3 days off in 1Q for each day you worked
    So say Christmas fell on Sunday and you opt to work M-F instead of vegging out, you'd have 15 days of to use before Mar 31 the next year
    Benefits, technology perks/discounts, global reach

Cons

Being a young professional on a field team, I would've liked more regular interaction with HQ, maybe an annual NY trip for training, meeting the folks I'm talking to regularly, and expand my outlook and perception of the company. Training locally should've been more formalized, especially since the local leadership was threatening retirement

There are newer employer reviews for McCann Worldgroup