McClatchy Company
www.mcclatchy.com Sacramento, CA 5000+ Employees

Life-draining, talent draining employer who doesnt care about work-life balance.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Wichita, KS

ProsGood benefits and the people that are left are very hard working people. Of course you have to be to take on all the added responsibilities.

ConsThe company is always downsizing or taken from the employees such as increased costs of health coverage, pay cuts, furloughs, increased workload with no added benefits (except be happy you have a job). Even though you may have a vacation balance, its difficult to use it when there is no one to cover, therefore losing any vacation at the end of the year. Perhaps, if they cant get their employees their vacation time, they should at least pay them for what they lose.

Advice to Senior ManagementPresent a case to McClatchy and show how the Eagle has done more with less compared to some of their sister newspapers. Enough said. I dont want to kick a company when they're down.

They Screwed Me

District Circulation Manager (Former Employee)
    Lexington, KY

I worked at McClatchy Company

Pros: Company Car and Gas Card, Office at Home Cons: Worked 80+ hrs week. No OT Pay, Salary only. Standard was always higher, never good enough. I was promised weekends and holidays off, etc and… Advice to Senior Management: Sometimes good enough is good enough. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Its been good until the recent cuts

Graphic Designer (Current Employee)
    Lexington, KY

I have been working at McClatchy Company

Pros: Training and opportunities are pretty good Cons: NO TEAMWORK and communication is zero Advice to Senior Management: hire lawyers and research the purchase from Knight Ridder!!! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on McClatchy Company.

Worked for McClatchy Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McClatchy Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McClatchy Company CEO Patrick J. Talamantes. All reviews posted anonymously by McClatchy Company employees.