McCormick & Schmick's
www.mccormickandschmicks.com Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

Do not value new employees

Server (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

ProsTips are decent for dinner shifts and the training, work environment, and food quality are excellent. Overall a nice restaurant to work at.

ConsThe management was trained to greatly over staff the floor, which reduced the number of decent shifts to 2-3 a week. It was not feasible to work there .

Advice to Senior ManagementHave faith in your employees desire to make money, work shifts, and support your needs. You will retain loyal, non-transient employees.

Bad all around

Server (Current Employee)
    Providence, RI

I have been working at McCormick & Schmick's part-time for more than a year

Pros: It was a job that sometimes paid my bills Cons: The knowingly served old/bad food, only cared about you when you went over 40 hours, terrible… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

overall, alright

Server (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at McCormick & Schmick's part-time for less than a year

Pros: ppa is pretty high ~$55 at night and $25 at lunch. lots of business… Cons: my biggest complaint is that the management does not communicate with each other or with the staff, especially when its busy and stressful.… Advice to Senior Management: management needs to treat employees with respect and not fly off the handle… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on McCormick & Schmick's.

Worked for McCormick & Schmick's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McCormick & Schmick's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McCormick & Schmick's CEO Bill Freeman. All reviews posted anonymously by McCormick & Schmick's employees.