McCormick & Schmick's

www.mccormickandschmicks.com
There are newer employer reviews for McCormick & Schmick's

I life changing job

I have been working at McCormick & Schmick's

Pros

There are "some" good managers, while others lack loyalty to employees. You will grow some thick skin before you leave.

Cons

In any big corporation there is too much micro- management. Everyone needs to have personality and they found away to take it.

Allow your staff to have some freedoms within their jobs and tables. To much structure is detrimental.

58 Other Employee Reviews for McCormick & Schmick's (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for, quality products.

Former Employee - Catering Coordinator  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Catering Coordinator in Portland, OR

I worked at McCormick & Schmick's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

McCormick & Schmick's takes good care of its employees. Promotes from within, pays above industry standard.

Cons

It's a restaurant company with limited potential for growth.

Worked at the Portland corporate office before Landry's took over

Former Employee - Accounts Payable  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Portland, OR

I worked at McCormick & Schmick's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overall, the people in my department really worked as a team. There was a very nice lady in my department who I was able to bring questions to as a new person and I still remember and am thankful for that. The culture at the corporate office was one where people were encouraged to talk face to face. I met a couple of truly wonderful people while working there that put smiles on my face when I think about them now. The Portland corporate offices where we were – both the original Washington Street location and the later Northrup spot – had a classy look to them.

Cons

Way too much work from day one! Management never cared. I actually loved most of the work but was always besieged with a truckload of it – everyone in my department was and we often ridiculed the amount and joked about it. There needed to be a bookkeeper at every one of the restaurants to handle communication with our corporate office accounting team but management cut back on hiring for that position. This resulted in tremendous frustration for us at the corporate office because in many cases invoice processing and paperwork were not completed by the restaurants and then we would either have to remind the restaurants to do it or play “bad cop” with repeated requests. One of our supervisors would get mad at US for things the restaurants did not complete, which was extremely stressful and unfair. Raises were paltry. It was a very stiff working environment with too many meetings and an intimidating review process. Several of the supervisors were openly harsh and strict. Company was sold to Landry’s right before Thanksgiving 2011 and pretty soon all of us corporate office people were gone. Very cold finish cementing the feeling of everyday uncaring that went on. Soul-sucking place in many ways that drained the life out of me and took me a long time to recover from.

Nothing I can add now as Landry’s took it over in 2012 and I’m no longer there.

There are newer employer reviews for McCormick & Schmick's

Worked for McCormick & Schmick's? Contribute to the Community!