McCormick & Schmick's
www.mccormickandschmicks.com Portland, OR 5000+ Employees

Work here if you don't mind total disrespect from management!

Server (Current Employee)
Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at McCormick & Schmick's

ProsThey try to give time off when requested. The waitstaff that I work with and the chance to make good money are the only reasons to go there.

ConsWow! Where to begin? Management is a joke! One guy can't get enough of himself, one guy thinks everything is a joke, and one (GM) isn't respected by anyone! Everything from sections to the schedule is made by favoritism. The management staff is never there when they are needed...usually looking at the internet in the office or watching sports in the bar area. Management talks down to employees and talks about personal employee situations in front of other employees! No matter what happens it is the waitstaff's fault and the management insults and degrades employees at every chance they get! Trust me...get a job some place else! The management will throw you under the bus before you know it!

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to talk with employees about how our store is being run. Even though many employees fill out complaints about management nothing is ever fixed. They seem to believe that the problems stem from a wait staff that is loyal and hardworking. Take a look at the managers and not only listen to complaints from employees but also act on them.

server

Server (Current Employee)
Lilburn, GA

I have been working at McCormick & Schmick's

Pros: money ez, the schedule is flexible. You can make… Cons: angry customers cant make them all happy. The hours can… Advice to Senior Management: They manage with a corporate focus but flexible enough to… More

It stinks...and it's not the fish.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at McCormick & Schmick's

Pros: Employee discount on the food Cons: The management at the corporate office is extremely disconnected to the restaurant staff and has no idea what they do on a day to day… Advice to Senior Management: Try listening to the employees more and offer them decent health insurance. The CEO and CFO received six… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on McCormick & Schmick's.

Worked for McCormick & Schmick's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McCormick & Schmick's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McCormick & Schmick's CEO Bill Freeman. All reviews posted anonymously by McCormick & Schmick's employees.