McCormick & Schmick's

www.mccormickandschmicks.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for McCormick & Schmick's

Work here if you don't mind total disrespect from management!

Current Employee - Server in Virginia Beach, VA
Current Employee - Server in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at McCormick & Schmick's

Pros

They try to give time off when requested. The waitstaff that I work with and the chance to make good money are the only reasons to go there.

Cons

Wow! Where to begin? Management is a joke! One guy can't get enough of himself, one guy thinks everything is a joke, and one (GM) isn't respected by anyone! Everything from sections to the schedule is made by favoritism. The management staff is never there when they are needed...usually looking at the internet in the office or watching sports in the bar area. Management talks down to employees and talks about personal employee situations in front of other employees! No matter what happens it is the waitstaff's fault and the management insults and degrades employees at every chance they get! Trust me...get a job some place else! The management will throw you under the bus before you know it!

Upper management needs to talk with employees about how our store is being run. Even though many employees fill out complaints about management nothing is ever fixed. They seem to believe that the problems stem from a wait staff that is loyal and hardworking. Take a look at the managers and not only listen to complaints from employees but also act on them.

69 Other Employee Reviews for McCormick & Schmick's (View Most Recent)

It stinks...and it's not the fish.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I worked at McCormick & Schmick's

Pros

Employee discount on the food

Cons

The management at the corporate office is extremely disconnected to the restaurant staff and has no idea what they do on a day to day basis. The insurance plan was taken away and the only plan available is terrible. I would not recommend working for this company, unless it's for a short time.

Try listening to the employees more and offer them decent health insurance. The CEO and CFO received six figure bonuses but should try focusing on employee satisfaction, which directly impacts guest experiences, which have clearly worsened.

A Once Good Place Getting Bad

Current Employee - Server in Burbank, CA
    Current Employee - Server in Burbank, CA

I have been working at McCormick & Schmick's

Pros

Schedule requests are usually honored, though it would be nice to not be required to work every holiday so we can actually spend quality time with our families.

Cons

The management here used to be really good, but they managed to chase away the General Manager who everyone respected and liked. The current regime seems more interested in control and policy rather than taking a genuine interest in the people who work for them. It's a shame, because everyone used to have a really good time working here, but now the environment is more geared toward fear and bewliderment.

Quit chasing away good people when you find them! Your best asset is the people who take the time to work for you.

There are newer employer reviews for McCormick & Schmick's