McCormick & Schmick's

have been an adventure.

Current Employee - Hourly Employee
Current Employee - Hourly Employee

I have been working at McCormick & Schmick's

Pros

the relationship between simular employees and has giving me opportunity for growth and experience.

Cons

the insurance plans were taken away and we are forced to take one plan that is offered and forced to pay more out of pocket. there isn't any choice anymore.

more respect and diversity training and how to talk and deal with peoples differences.

58 Other Employee Reviews for McCormick & Schmick's (View Most Recent)

Depends on the current mamanger how they treat you. If the hate you, they can be unfair and unreasonable.

Current Employee - Server 4+ Years
    Current Employee - Server 4+ Years

I have been working at McCormick & Schmick's

Pros

Work schedule is very flexible. Plus it is always easy to get coverage. Fast paced and servers work well together, if you don't, servers have input if another server should stay or go. Health insurance is not to expensive.

Cons

If a manger(which they generally only last a year) they can make your shift unbearable. Working holidays can really stink sometimes.

If several employees are let go unexpectedly or for petty reasons after years of services. Maybe the manager is really not fit for their position. Listen to your servers. They, for the most part, know the restaurant more than the managers.

Great company to work for if you like to work hard

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at McCormick & Schmick's

Pros

Solid, well established company.Potential for growth if you work hard. Company is focused on hospitality and guest satisfaction, and we put out a superior product compared to other competitors in our market.

Cons

Benefits are sparse and continue to diminish. 401K no longer matched. There is not much of a balance between life/work like there used to be. 50 hours in the minimum work week, which is industry standard by all accounts, however over the years they've increased the work load with marketing, HR compliance, and sales building iniatives. If you expect to get all of your administrative work load completed and still spend adequate time engaging guests in your restaurant then be prepared to work 70 plus hours a week. Also, they have been reducing managment staffs in alot of units, thus diminishing support for GM's and increasing their day to day work load to run an efficent operation.

There is nothing wrong with having a high performance driven corporate culture, however you need to provide adequate management staffing in your units. You will have far more productive General Manager's and Assistants if you recognize the balance between work and life. Often managment is forced to work long stretches without days off to provide adequate coverage when a manager is on vacation or out on FMLA leave. How can we properly engage our guests and deliver "absolute guest satisfaction" if we are exhausted? Also, you may want to consider reducing the amount of marketing and sales driving iniatives we are expected to execute. Fewer but more thought out iniatives will result in better execution and success of their indended purpose.

There are newer employer reviews for McCormick & Schmick's

Worked for McCormick & Schmick's? Contribute to the Community!