There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's

McDonald's Corp. Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at McDonald's full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Set and meet goals and challenges. Great Benefits, especially long term. Competitive pay. Programs set up to make work load easier.

Cons

You are micromanaged. As always it is the people that make things great or misserable. It goes in circles. Bonus program currently very difficult to achieve. Make no mistake, this is a pay for performance company so if you do not perform even in one area, you can end up losing your job.
Store manager is only salary manager so since overtime is not allowed, you finish anything that was not done or done correctly. Depends on staffing and performance level of assistant managers.

3402 Other Employee Reviews for McDonald's (View Most Recent)

No. No. No. Don't do it.

Former Employee - Certified Shift Manager  in  Ocala, FL
    Former Employee - Certified Shift Manager in Ocala, FL

I worked at McDonald's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment. Always something to do.

Cons

I was called names and made fun of. I made the least out of all managers that were working in our district. I was employee of the month and was asked to be manager after 2 months and it was my first job yet when I was upset with having to close (leaving at 3am) and then having to be at work again at 7am that is when I was known as a horrible worker. I made 8.33. I was doing all my assistant managers work and was refused a raise. I was made to buy new clothes all the time because they were "too tight" and I wore "too much makeup" just because I dressed proffessionally to work while everyone else looked like they were drunk the night before and rolled out of bed. I was basically told to treat crew like crap, and I was constantly told I was not going to go any higher in management because I was only 20. There are NO BENEFITS. And racism is in high force.

Too much too fix.

Terrible

Current Employee - Crew Member  in  Whiting, IN
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Whiting, IN

I have been working at McDonald's part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible Schedule for college students

Cons

Rude customers
    Management is the worst

Train your managers properly.

There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!