There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's

Worked my way up the ladder

Current Employee - General Manager
Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-Franchised restaurant, so it was locally owned and operated.
-Able to work my way up pretty quickly, started when I was 16, was a manager by 18, assistant GM when I was 23, and became GM by 25.
-Owner offers health insurance, free uniforms, disability, 401k with up to 3% match, free meals when working, 4 day work weeks, paid vacation( 3 weeks until 10 years then you receive 4), competitive salary
-family like atmosphere

Cons

-4 day work weeks rarely happen
-working with a franchised owned restaurant means the owner sets the standards, this is mostly a good thing unless some tings asked of you are unattainable or just plain mind-boggling(ie. must have so many people in the store, but I don't want excuses as to why labor can't be made)
-comes with the business but not a whole lot of work-life balance, but it can be managed
-even though my store has consistently low turnover rates, we still go through alot of employees, but that's the nature of a minimum wage job

Advice to Management

There are opportunities for our restaurants to improve profitability that may initially irritate customers, but they will understand and continue to frequent our restaurants

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great company to work for and you can go as far as you strive to go.

Current Employee - General Manager in Richmond, KY
    Current Employee - General Manager in Richmond, KY

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free employee meals, free uniforms, opportunity for advancement, great management training, free cell phone provided, free gym membership provided, paid vacations after a year, 401k and stock options available, insurance offered, and aflac available.

Cons

Long hours, responsibilities beyond the 8 or 9 hour shift you are scheduled, you have to be on call 24/7 to be a store manager.

Advice to Management

Get to know your crew and managers, strengths and weeknesses but then you must stay strong with the way you want things to be and how you want them to be done; regardless of how they have been taught or done before.

Great Place To Hold You Over

Current Employee - McDonalds Swing Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - McDonalds Swing Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Its a very basic job, you get something on paper saying you have had a job.
    -Free or Cheap food
    -Easy to move up (Crew to Manager after months of full time with no late or missed days)

Cons

-If you are a hard worker, expect to work a lot of extra shifts and actually get hours
    -The equipment was not maintained well enough
    -Many immature coworkers

Advice to Management

Reward the hard workers more often.