There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's

It has been a wonderful experience working with this truly outstanding company.

Current Employee - Crew Trainer in Obetz, OH
Current Employee - Crew Trainer in Obetz, OH

I have been working at McDonald's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Flexibility, Career Advancement, environment.

Cons

There are not really any cons of working with this company in my outlook on things. Like any job, it can be stressful, but that's about it.

Advice to Management

Love the team work!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Overall, I feel that McDonald's was a low quality job. It was more of a job for teenagers straight out of high school.

Current Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Crew Member/Grill Cook in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I have been working at McDonald's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours Good side job or first job. Free meals/50% off if Corporation owned. Can request a day off two weeks in advance.

Cons

Low Pay Poor Management/Disorganized Workers get worked hard for little respect and pay Bad quality food and no teaching on good customer service I had to work on the grill which was grueling for the same pay as the people up front. Management often favors people they like Although I had my moments here, I'll never work here again, but it is a good first job for those in college or straight out of high school.

Advice to Management

Teach the managers to be more organized and higher better quality employees or at least teach them how to have better customer serivce. Also raise up the pay man! Or else you'll have bad quality employees straight out of high school just like your bad quality food.

A great place to gain experience in the workforce.

I have been working at McDonald's

Pros

Very flexible with hours, and taking days off in advance could not be easier. The group I've worked with have made the experience a lot of fun at times. Incredibly easy to move up. A friend of mine went from a crew member to a shift manager in 4 months.

Cons

You will always run into bad customers but it's just part of the job. Some crew members don't care about their job which forces other people to pick up the slack.

Advice to Management

If you make it a fun place to work, it'll go so much more smooth. If you get angry too quickly, it affects the employees and makes them not want to work. Which in turn affects the customers.