McDonald's really did put a smile on my face as an employee.

Current Employee - Crew Member  in  Rockford, IL
Current Employee - Crew Member in Rockford, IL

I have been working at McDonald's part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The restaurant where I work has always been very flexible about my schedule as far as school goes. They understand my priorities and have always helped me as much as they can. I learned a lot about each position, and they offered me a crew trainer position that I turned down because I went away to college. I appreciated their dedication to letting me work there, even though I started as a 15-year-old.

Cons

They were always so concerned about employees working overtime. If someone was close to working 40 hours that week, they would send you home early, even if the restaurant was busy. I felt as though they could have also given us time-and-a-half like many places do when working on holidays.

Overall, I'd say to just really think about the holidays. The employees working on holidays in restaurants often have families they would like to spend time with, but we were often not allowed to request days off during the holiday season. Having an extra stipend of time-and-a-half (for instance, but not necessarily that) could help the morale of employees having to work those shifts.

Other Reviews for McDonald's

Hard work leads to fast advancement.

Current Employee - Crew Member  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Madison, WI

I have been working at McDonald's full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good management. Good starting wage. Opportunity for advancement. Flexible schedule. Fun work, if you can ignore the negatives.

Cons

If you are doing your job right, it will be hard work. You may be asked to work nights, which are not fun, but you can say no at the expense of getting a lot of hours. Some of the crew members are unprofessional and lazy.

it was good

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Landover Hills, MD
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Landover Hills, MD

I worked at McDonald's full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

you will customer service work area

Cons

well sometimes you will get some angry customers

There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's.

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!