McDonald's

www.mcdonalds.com
  www.mcdonalds.com
There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's

fair, but job was not what they advertised online

Current Employee - Store Manager in Asheville, NC
Current Employee - Store Manager in Asheville, NC

I have been working at McDonald's full-time

Pros

benefits are good for managers

Cons

3 days of training and then they can let you go for no reason
told they only promote people to management from within- why advertise for store manager if this is the case

be upfront

3887 Other Employee Reviews for McDonald's (View Most Recent)

Okay

I have been working at McDonald's

Pros

You work around awful people

Cons

It's a little bit life sucking

It wasn't horrible, but wasn't anything special either.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Lansing, MI

I worked at McDonald's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I think whether or not you have a good experience here depends on the people you work with and the people I worked with was definitely a pro (most of the time). I really liked the flexible schedule, that was a huge pro. I think working here gives you a lot of experience dealing with different things and that was very helpful in getting other jobs. I like that you have a chance of moving upward in the company. All of the managers there were once crew members which is nice. I also got pretty good hours working here, not full time but with how much they call you to come in and help on off days, I think it would be possible to get close to full time.

Cons

I hated dealing with the customers. While there were a lot of nice customers, there were also a lot of jerks. Customers who think they are better than you just because you are working in fast food. It would have been nice if they gave better raises there instead of 10 cents every 6 months.

I think it would have been nice if the management did a little more for their workers. Like maybe come in and visit every now and then. Cooperate never came in just to visit and see how everyone was doing. I know they are probably really busy, but I think they should make time to visit their stores once in a while.

There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's