McDonald's

There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's

Good experience

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Port St Lucie, FL
Current Employee - Shift Manager in Port St Lucie, FL

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you work hard you'll be quickly promoted, took me 10 months to become manager at 18 years of age. Lots of opportunities, and health, dental and vision insurance. Great place to gain experience, handling money, managing people, and meeting targets.

Cons

Lots of pressure, you have to be available 24/7, pay is low for all the responsibility. Also your some of your employees aren't professional,motivated, or too bright. Dealing with rude customers, and people trying to get free food.

Raise pay for managers in order to keep talent.

4448 Other Employee Reviews for McDonald's (View Most Recent)

Mcdonald's is a good place to learn skills to go to another job.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kentland, IN
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Kentland, IN

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Mcdonald's helps you learn how to deal with all kinds of people in the public. Also if you have a good trainer you can learn many skills that you can take anywhere.

Cons

Many customers are very rude and most owner operated ones have employees that they allow to repeatedly break the rules because they are so desperate for help which makes it really hard on the employees that work hard. Also there is no way that they pay enough to feed yourself let alone a child. I worked there for 13 years and made very little.

Take care of the employees that care about the company, and make sure they can at least afford your food on the salary you provide.

Under-payed and Overworked

Current Employee - Crew Member in Bourne, MA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Bourne, MA

I have been working at McDonald's part-time (more than a year)

Pros

McDonald's has plenty of hours to give away to its employees, so, as a part time employee I was able to make a decent amount of money. The scheduling manager takes my availability into account when planning the schedule, and it is fairly easy to get a day off if you ask well in advance.

Cons

I was told I would be given 2 free uniforms and only received one. This means laundry on a daily basis. Many of my fellow employees are under-trained or just unproductive in general. This means picking up a lot of the slack left behind. The cleanliness of the building and the shape of the building and equipment in general is questionable. The heat breaks often, the machines need to be replaced, the walls need to be insulated.

Make sure each and every crew member is trained and does not just stand around lackadaisically. Make sure all the buildings and equipment are in good shape. Pay higher wages.

There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's