McDonald's

There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's

Good experience

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Port St Lucie, FL
Current Employee - Shift Manager in Port St Lucie, FL

I have been working at McDonald's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you work hard you'll be quickly promoted, took me 10 months to become manager at 18 years of age. Lots of opportunities, and health, dental and vision insurance. Great place to gain experience, handling money, managing people, and meeting targets.

Cons

Lots of pressure, you have to be available 24/7, pay is low for all the responsibility. Also your some of your employees aren't professional,motivated, or too bright. Dealing with rude customers, and people trying to get free food.

Raise pay for managers in order to keep talent.

3897 Other Employee Reviews for McDonald's (View Most Recent)

Great first job

Current Employee - Mcdonalds Crew Member in Hampton, VA
    Current Employee - Mcdonalds Crew Member in Hampton, VA

I have been working at McDonald's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The scheduling is very flexible, the people can be great to work with. You can get some discounts on food.

Cons

Not very good pay at all. Almost guaranteed minimum wage. (Virginias is 7.25, not very much at all.)

The work is not worth the pay at times.

Bad scheduling makes some days much harder than it has to be.

Be more strict with training new crew members.

Under-payed and Overworked

Current Employee - Crew Member in Bourne, MA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Bourne, MA

I have been working at McDonald's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

McDonald's has plenty of hours to give away to its employees, so, as a part time employee I was able to make a decent amount of money. The scheduling manager takes my availability into account when planning the schedule, and it is fairly easy to get a day off if you ask well in advance.

Cons

I was told I would be given 2 free uniforms and only received one. This means laundry on a daily basis. Many of my fellow employees are under-trained or just unproductive in general. This means picking up a lot of the slack left behind. The cleanliness of the building and the shape of the building and equipment in general is questionable. The heat breaks often, the machines need to be replaced, the walls need to be insulated.

Make sure each and every crew member is trained and does not just stand around lackadaisically. Make sure all the buildings and equipment are in good shape. Pay higher wages.

There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's