There are newer employer reviews for McDonald's

Very nice for an easy job that is temporary and/or PT.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carbondale, IL
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carbondale, IL

I have been working at McDonald's

Pros

Policies. Straightforward with expectaions. Streamlined/fool-proof. Upbeat. Free food and very good for students. Short shifts are easy to get. raises (small, but does help morale).

Cons

Embarrassing uniforms/ goofy hats. Some people might not like dealing with the public and/or children. Can get very noisy. There are rush times that may get stressful for some folks.

Advice to Management

Be respectful. Praise people every chance you get. Be flexible with schedules. Great job of managing breaks and lunch breaks.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Only work here as a last resort, unless you are a High School student.

Former Employee - Cashier in Morehead City, NC
    Former Employee - Cashier in Morehead City, NC

I worked at McDonald's

Pros

All employees were given a free meal each day they worked and given free drinks. All employees were given the time off they needed when requested and there is definitely room for advancement and many opportunities available when you work for this company.

Cons

When I worked for Mcdonalds it was probably one of the worst job experiences I ever had. I'm sure things have changed, and not every store is the same, but the managers at Mcdonalds can be really lazy. Seems they push all the work on their employees and shift supervisors while they just do paperwork. I understand paperwork can be a lot of work but they can certainly assist us when we are busy and need help. Also I hated the fact that when I was put in the drive-thru I was asked time and time again to help unload the truck. So this means I had to rush back to the cash register at the first window to enter a order while trying to avoid slipping in the freezer when I was trying to move a 50 pound bag of frozen french fries to the proper place. I shouldn't have had to unload the truck when it wasn't part of my job description.

Advice to Management

When employees are trying to tell the upper management like general managers or distict managers that another manager is not doing their job or stealing maybe you should listen and do something about it, or atleast look into it without treating the employee who said something to you like an idiot.

2. My Managers were always there to tell you if you did something wrong but never there to tell you you were great

Former Employee - Crew Member in Kingsport, TN
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Kingsport, TN

I worked at McDonald's

Pros

The costumers were great to me i think only had 1 or 2 be rude and you just ignore it.

Cons

managers that were rude when they did not have to be one of mine said your job is to stand there and look pretty when I asked if they could use some help with something.That is just bad manners in my opinion .

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect. Dont treat them like crap, they are people to.