McDonald's
3.1 of 5 3,013 reviews
www.mcdonalds.com Oak Brook, IL 5000+ Employees

A good place to work....

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Hopewell, VA

ProsYou learn a lot working with people from many different backgrounds. You also have to deal with many customers....you leanr a lot about people every single day. I belive the pay for some of the employees is very fair. THe leadership of the company seems to do a very good job. Most things roll out very smoothly and the field service people work hard to keep stores in line. THe brand image is as sharp as ever and seems to be improving with time.

ConsThe pay for hourly and store managers are low. Most assistant managers are in line. Also, salaried managers should recieve some type of compensation for overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should look into how owner operators run their restaurants more closely....not within operations but with how employees are treated. Some promotions and pay isn't handled fairly because the operator does as they please.

Waiting in the wings

Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I have been working at McDonald's

Pros: There is respect for every level of employee. In other places the people that clean the bathrooms and kitchens are invisible. At McDonald's analysts and… Cons: In an effort to be maximally productive, people sometimes churn out documents without regard for… Advice to Senior Management: not at this time Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Have it your way

Cook (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I worked at McDonald's

Pros: free burgers, free fries, and all the delicious chocolate milkshakes that any teenager could ever ask for. I loved waking up everyday and putting on… Cons: Everyday I came home smelling like french fries and grease. The only smell worse than that was the stench of… Advice to Senior Management: I would tell them to require the managers to wear deoderant, encourage their employees to have… More
There are newer reviews on McDonald's.

Worked for McDonald's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McDonald's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McDonald's CEO Don Thompson. All reviews posted anonymously by McDonald's employees.