The Best company I have worked for! I always recommend it to my friends.

Current Employee - Principal Consultant  in  Vienna, VA
Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Vienna, VA

I have been working at McFadyen Solutions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

McFadyen works very hard to provide an awesome work environment for its people. They also strive to be a reliable employer. They put their employees first. When other employers lay off in droves, McFadyen hangs on, relying on cash they have consistently put away for the inevitable economic recession.

The culture is very easygoing. The people and management are excellent. It's technically challenging but company hires only the smartest in the industry who loves these challenges so the job satisfaction rate is very high. Some companies say they encourage work-life balance, but McFadyen Solutions lives it. Of course there are long working hours during the crunch time but that's everywhere isn't it?

Mcfadyen Solutions has built an incredibly special culture that is down to earth, collegial, supportive, intellectually stimulating, and just out right fun. I absolutely love coming to work here and truly miss the office and our people when I'm away. That's a rarity and something I cherish each day

Cons

Yes, you'll have to average more than 50 hours a week. It varies from Project to Project, across managers and stage the projects are in. But most managers will try to be as accommodating as possible for personal commitments, vacation days, making sure you have a life outside of work and that you don't burn out.

Overall extremely happy, senior leadership is truly phenomenal at this company. The way management encourages employees for training and certifications with predetermined bonuses and raises, is commendable. However, management should increase the bench strength and reduce the hiring cycle.

Other Reviews for McFadyen Solutions

One of the BEST places to work

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Vienna, VA

I have been working at McFadyen Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pros – 1. Very challenging work
    2. Sharp & smart people around
    3. Compensation and Benefits - best in the industry. Pay masters compared to their competitors
    4. nice learning facilities in the company - Company trainings, sponsored Certifications etc.
    5. Collaborative work environment, recognition opportunities are endless

Cons

Cons – Sometime the project deadlines are aggressive and one might need to stretch and your work life balance might get a bit of hit.

Small company with exciting small contracts that will never enter the big league

Former Employee - Web Integration Consultant  in  Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Web Integration Consultant in Vienna, VA

I worked at McFadyen Solutions

Pros

If you want to learn ATG (thats the technology they focus on).
    If you want to fight fires and learn a lot in the process.

Cons

The company never grows. Its been stuck at the same size for the last 10 years. Other companies in the same category have gone through booms, gained massive contracts, increased head count, etc. However McFadyen has been stuck at the same size for the last 10 years.

Try to have a longer term vision, and if its there then its a really bad one. The company is completely stagnant. Focus on quality and project management rather than being a code shop. I'm sure the management already knows this (its been 10 years of the same old same old after all) however they lack the capabilities to grow.

There are newer employer reviews for McFadyen Solutions.

Worked for McFadyen Solutions? Contribute to the Community!