There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

OK if you are on the Accounting side, but less so if in Consulting

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at McGladrey LLP

Pros

I worked with a good team and the benefits were decent. Work - Life balance was, at least in Consulting, doable.

Cons

There were a lot of internal politics and posturing. No clear or qualified leadership. No recognition for doing what really mattered - only that which drove artificial goals.

Advice to Management

Listen to employees more, engage them, and realize that they are your biggest asset. Then figure who the best leaders are and let them lead.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Overall Just Not A Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Associate in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

The pay at McGladrey is similar to other firms in the area based on other offers I received and classmates I have talked to who work at other firms in the area. McGladrey also gave out a signing bonus.

Cons

The people, plain and simple. Management really does not treat staff as professionals. Instead, we are treated as second-class citizens. We are switched from job to job without talking to us to see if we have prior commitments. Travel does not matter as we are scheduled overnight without much warning. There is also a lot of turnover.

Advice to Management

Start communicating with the staff or there will not be any staff left as we are all leaving. McGladrey claims to have a work-life balance. I have not seen it so management should start letting this happen or stop claiming to have a work-life balance program.

it was a job

Current Employee - Consulting Director in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Consulting Director in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

McGladrey is a stepping stone, not a place where you want to spend your career. McGladrey it is a decent place for the average students to get some experience they can leverage in the accounting industry to get into the big 4. Also, it is a good two year weigh station where good performers from the big 4 can, stop in for two years and bump up thier compensation.

Cons

Career advisor systems is a joke, no advice at all really adn the compensation model is a black box. It is VERY political The company cannot decide what it wants to be when it grows up. The upcoming buy out is going to crimp comensation for the foreseeable future

Advice to Management

You have talked the talk for YEARS now, but you have NEVER walked the walk. You lack any credibility.