McGladrey LLP

www.mcgladrey.com
  www.mcgladrey.com
There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

OK if you are on the Accounting side, but less so if in Consulting

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at McGladrey LLP

Pros

I worked with a good team and the benefits were decent. Work - Life balance was, at least in Consulting, doable.

Cons

There were a lot of internal politics and posturing. No clear or qualified leadership. No recognition for doing what really mattered - only that which drove artificial goals.

Listen to employees more, engage them, and realize that they are your biggest asset. Then figure who the best leaders are and let them lead.

392 Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP (View Most Recent)

Overall Just Not A Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Associate in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

The pay at McGladrey is similar to other firms in the area based on other offers I received and classmates I have talked to who work at other firms in the area. McGladrey also gave out a signing bonus.

Cons

The people, plain and simple. Management really does not treat staff as professionals. Instead, we are treated as second-class citizens. We are switched from job to job without talking to us to see if we have prior commitments. Travel does not matter as we are scheduled overnight without much warning. There is also a lot of turnover.

Start communicating with the staff or there will not be any staff left as we are all leaving. McGladrey claims to have a work-life balance. I have not seen it so management should start letting this happen or stop claiming to have a work-life balance program.

Fast Pace, no work/life balance, best place to work for "WORKING MOTHERS". Not FEMALES

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I worked at McGladrey LLP

Pros

Challenging, Change of environment, Travel, Benefits, Time off,

Cons

Thrown under the bus, learn on the field over and over again (training is provided on nationwide level, but each local firm operates differently depending on the manager), partners don't know how to use updated software so staff have to work extra to change workpapers for easy viewing for partners/managers, budget/actual time are unrealistic,

Seniors are dropping like flies. A better system should be implemented to prevent this.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP