There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

OK if you are on the Accounting side, but less so if in Consulting

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at McGladrey LLP

Pros

I worked with a good team and the benefits were decent. Work - Life balance was, at least in Consulting, doable.

Cons

There were a lot of internal politics and posturing. No clear or qualified leadership. No recognition for doing what really mattered - only that which drove artificial goals.

Listen to employees more, engage them, and realize that they are your biggest asset. Then figure who the best leaders are and let them lead.

364 Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP (View Most Recent)

Overall Just Not A Good Place To Work

Current Employee - Associate  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

The pay at McGladrey is similar to other firms in the area based on other offers I received and classmates I have talked to who work at other firms in the area. McGladrey also gave out a signing bonus.

Cons

The people, plain and simple. Management really does not treat staff as professionals. Instead, we are treated as second-class citizens. We are switched from job to job without talking to us to see if we have prior commitments. Travel does not matter as we are scheduled overnight without much warning. There is also a lot of turnover.

Start communicating with the staff or there will not be any staff left as we are all leaving. McGladrey claims to have a work-life balance. I have not seen it so management should start letting this happen or stop claiming to have a work-life balance program.

Not a good experience

Former Employee - Senior  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Senior in Madison, WI

I worked at McGladrey LLP

Pros

The clients I got a chance to work on were a good mix. The technology the company uses is ok. CPE is provided by the company.

Cons

Partners, directors, and managers only care about themselves. They will complain to each other about how the seniors and staff are not meeting budget and getting the job done but they are not there to help out. Too much backstabbing going on.

Treat your employees like human beings and with respect. The morale was really low when I left and is still low based on contact I have with employees still there.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!