McGladrey LLP

www.mcgladrey.com
There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

Incredible bosses. Friendly Environment. Great client interaction.

Current Employee - Consulting Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Consulting Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

Opportunity to be part of a growing company, especially in Consulting. I have been fortunate to have great personal and professional experiences within my group and even with my client(s). I am never scared to approach my boss for anything.

Cons

McGladrey's name is not yet as well recognized as that of the big four accounting firms.

Keep the benefits coming - small expenses (relative, when compared to salary increases) like giving everyone iPads are very meaningful to employees (it's the little things!).

406 Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP (View Most Recent)

Good Firm, Poor Pay

Current Employee - Tax Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Tax Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

They have hired a lot of good people and are moving in the right direction with standard processes and technology.

Cons

The pay isn't competitive and the HR is bush league. Also, ditch the whole mid-west small company feel and start landing larger clients for targeted consulting work.

Look at what they pay at the big 4 and then pay accordingly. If you want to keep losing top performers, continue giving 3% raises and 5% bonuses.

Not what I expected based on my recruitment

Current Employee - Associate in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Associate in Madison, WI

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

This is a nation firm so there is some name recognition. It is a job so you do get paid.

Cons

They do not seem to follow the stated track for promotions. If you are a brown-noser, you can climb the ladder here. If you just dig in and do good work, do not expect to be rewarded for it. There has been a lot of turnover recently and to combat it, they bring in people from outside firms/industry who are behind the legacy McGladrey employees however get paid more.

Treat the hard-working employees fairly. Especially those who start out with you and stay with you. Give some training to managers and above on how to communicate better as well.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP