There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

too much change and not enough strong leaders

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

good office location free coffee and tea vacation policy is good people try to honor work and life balance the ipad is pretty cool

Cons

cheap with money - bonuses and raises, especially junior people systems are old and need upgrading leaders are afraid to speak up too much dead wood hangin around

Advice to Management

stick to a plan and go for it

Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Much learned at this (at times) very stressful job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Great work/life balance for me due to my specific management team. Great knowledge sharing; I learned a lot to advance my career elsewhere. Amazing amount of PTO (time off) after several years with firm.

Cons

Occasional long hours, as to be expected of any firm, under average pay for my position.

Advice to Management

Follow-through with the promise of a true work/life balance to employees. Maintain more consistency with management and promise of support to employees. Many of the employees are concerned for their job security due to much unrest with management and a shuffling within the organization.

2. Incredible bosses. Friendly Environment. Great client interaction.

Current Employee - Consulting Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consulting Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Opportunity to be part of a growing company, especially in Consulting. I have been fortunate to have great personal and professional experiences within my group and even with my client(s). I am never scared to approach my boss for anything.

Cons

McGladrey's name is not yet as well recognized as that of the big four accounting firms.

Advice to Management

Keep the benefits coming - small expenses (relative, when compared to salary increases) like giving everyone iPads are very meaningful to employees (it's the little things!).