There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

Work Hard - Play Hard

Former Employee - Audit in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Audit in Chicago, IL

I worked at McGladrey LLP

Pros

Great people and good work life balance. As an intern, I was paid really well and sometimes even better than salaried employees when you count overtime pay. Good chance that you will get a full time offer as long as you didn't mess anything up too badly.

Cons

Doesn't give off the allure of one of the big named accounting firms. People still think it is American Express. While interning, I didn't get the feeling that the people at the company were all that intelligent. Don't get me wrong, they didn't seem stupid, but they just didn't blow me away as I thought they would.

Keep giving solid feedback to interns as to where they can improve so that they leave the company better off then when they joined.

370 Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP (View Most Recent)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Audit Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Audit Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

Management is really good at taking care of their employees such as offering chair massages during busy season, giving us a 3 day weekend during busy season, having dinner delivered during busy season, and office closings around the holidays.

The partners are easy to talk to and always willing to help and share their knowledge.

Staff will get to see more parts of the audit sooner than at Big 4 which helps advance their careers.

There is a lot of room to advance quickly if you are motivated and show initative. Promotions are based on performance and not a set timeline.

Cons

Experienced hires probably don't get enough/proper training. Promotions are announced in June however they are not effective until September. Feedback is not given timely.

Stop trying to push people into in-charging after one busy season.

M&P - Great opportunities for proactive driven individuals to work with great clients.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

Strengths of M&P include: The clients you get to work with and level of exposure to centers of influence at clients. Opportunity for growth and responsibility if you are willing to take it on. Flexibility.

Cons

Have to be self sufficient and able to be proactive if help is needed. Support is not always readily available if you are not assertive in seeking it.

Communication to staff needs improvement.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP