There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

Working for McGladrey in Atlanta sucks!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I don't have any. My experience working in Atlanta showed me that the firm is a mess and the local Atlanta management is incompetent.

Cons

The firm has several policies which are not conducive to promoting good morale. They nickel and dime their employees on expenses as well. Further, the firm does not operate like a large accounting firm even though it is the 5th largest in the US. The firms offices operate as if they are local accounting firms under the McGladrey umbrella. There is not standardized practice. Audit methodology is not uniform throughout the firm. Everything is done differently depending on what office is doing the work. Long story short, they are a mess. There is a reason the entire audit staff quit at the end of 2011 and many of the tax staff left at the same time.

reviews filtered by

Tax internship was very challenging with little training

Former Intern - Tax Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Intern - Tax Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at McGladrey LLP as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Its a big firm with lots of opportunities, mostly states side. The pay is on par with their competitors. I met some good people, that I would work for again.

Cons

The Manufacturing/Wholesale and Distribution group wasn't my cup of tea. Roughly a week of training beside just doing returns and making corrections. At the time the firm was in some financial trouble, nothing major just worrisome. Long hours, which is common in public accounting

There needs to be more of a mentoring program to keep young talent motivated. I don't hold the CEO fully responsible he was trying to implement changes to the organization.

Good option for non-big for large firm

Former Employee - Senior Audit Associate in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Audit Associate in Tacoma, WA

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

While being the 5th largest firm, you still have the opportunity to work on smaller clients where you can work directly with executive levels of management and start drafting FS as an experienced staff or senior.

Cons

Not as large of a presence in the NW. As such, I have ran into many people who either haven't heard of the firm (recruiters or HR dept reps) or don't know that you had experience at a large firm.

Keep helping experiences seniors and managers on networking to help future growth of the form and employees careers

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP