There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

great times at McGladrey

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people who work here are excellent, majority of them coming from a Big 4 background with very impressive skill set. People can get promoted faster than Big 4 as long as they have the motivation and drive. Team atmosphere with happy hours, volunteer days, promotion parties, holloween parties etc. They will give you all the resources to succeed (labtop, IPADS etc) but it is up to you to make it happen. Always recognized for my performance. Flexible work schedules. McGladrey will give you more exposure to different clients and industries rather then being pigeon holed into one specific area and industry like at Big 4

Cons

sometimes there are negative reviews about McGladrey but I'm my opinion - its from the bitter people who couldn't get a job at McGladrey or couldn't arise to a challenge

362 Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP (View Most Recent)

A sinking ship

Former Employee - Supervisor  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working for McGladrey, you can expect to get exposure to the audit process from start to finish. Although clients are private and smaller than the big 4, there are many complexities. Exposure to these issues can definitely help one's career

Cons

Management is completely out of touch with those working for them. Partners stay behind there desks and despite the "we care about our people rhetoric" the culture is terrible. McGladrey prides themselves on integrity and values, however they promoted a partner who cost the firm approx $1mm as a result of a deficient audit, to lead the practice. Turnover is very high, but management will tell you all day that it is just part of the business. Forget getting a strait answer from management here. If you do work here your best bet is to avoid the office at all cost, learn as much as you can, and leave.

Stop concerning yourself with economic growth and start fixing the internal problems. People are unhappy and it is being ignored. Leadership needs to stop promoting management from within, and start looking outside, as they are only perpetuating there already lack luster culture.

Tax Associate

Former Employee - Tax Associate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learned a lot of different types of tax returns from different industries. Given a lot of responsibility early on and was able to be accountable for my own work.

Cons

Long hours, not many "perks" offered by larger firms to compensate for time spent working. Raises and bonuses were not equal to performance.

Need to be more collaborative with the team instead of creating dissension.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!