McGladrey LLP

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

great times at McGladrey

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people who work here are excellent, majority of them coming from a Big 4 background with very impressive skill set. People can get promoted faster than Big 4 as long as they have the motivation and drive. Team atmosphere with happy hours, volunteer days, promotion parties, holloween parties etc. They will give you all the resources to succeed (labtop, IPADS etc) but it is up to you to make it happen. Always recognized for my performance. Flexible work schedules. McGladrey will give you more exposure to different clients and industries rather then being pigeon holed into one specific area and industry like at Big 4

Cons

sometimes there are negative reviews about McGladrey but I'm my opinion - its from the bitter people who couldn't get a job at McGladrey or couldn't arise to a challenge

382 Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP (View Most Recent)

Working for McGladrey in Atlanta sucks!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I don't have any. My experience working in Atlanta showed me that the firm is a mess and the local Atlanta management is incompetent.

Cons

The firm has several policies which are not conducive to promoting good morale. They nickel and dime their employees on expenses as well. Further, the firm does not operate like a large accounting firm even though it is the 5th largest in the US. The firms offices operate as if they are local accounting firms under the McGladrey umbrella. There is not standardized practice. Audit methodology is not uniform throughout the firm. Everything is done differently depending on what office is doing the work. Long story short, they are a mess. There is a reason the entire audit staff quit at the end of 2011 and many of the tax staff left at the same time.

Tax internship was very challenging with little training

Former Employee - Tax Intern in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Tax Intern in Chicago, IL

I worked at McGladrey LLP as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Its a big firm with lots of opportunities, mostly states side. The pay is on par with their competitors. I met some good people, that I would work for again.

Cons

The Manufacturing/Wholesale and Distribution group wasn't my cup of tea. Roughly a week of training beside just doing returns and making corrections. At the time the firm was in some financial trouble, nothing major just worrisome. Long hours, which is common in public accounting

There needs to be more of a mentoring program to keep young talent motivated. I don't hold the CEO fully responsible he was trying to implement changes to the organization.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP