McGladrey LLP

www.mcgladrey.com
  www.mcgladrey.com
There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

Good place to start career

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time

Pros

Perks of a big company. you will experience this all around, especially during busy season

Cons

smaller clients (which can be a pro because SEC clients are 100x more complex); a little bit cliquey environment

392 Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP (View Most Recent)

Work environment

Former Employee - Tax Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at McGladrey LLP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wide areas of expertise, access to the best experts in various areas, supportive attitudes towards educational and career advancements, good quality of in-house refresher and other courses.

Cons

Inconsistent practices between various regional offices across the country, slow on paperless office procedures, wide spread nepotism and favoritism often promoting people lacking basic mandatory requirements for jobs performed.

More meritocracy, consistent policies and procedures across offices.

Behind The Times

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced and variety of work. Most co-workers in the KC office are a delight to work with.

Cons

In the KC office, Internal Client Services (administrative) are treated as though we are whipping boys. We are expected to give 100% while we are critized and scolded for riduculous and frivolous matters from the Office Mgr. The culture and treatment of external vs internal client services is so vast it's almost as though we don't work for the same company. The reporting and performance feedback and review system for ICS is skewed. Those we support do not provide reviews that are used to rate our performance. The Career Advisor (mentor) program is a waste of time. A mentor is one that encourages, positively influences, and provides feedback. Unfortunately, in the ICS department in KC this is not the case. Being at the bottom of the barrel is not working for me!

Before you promote a person to a management position, do your due diligence to ensure they have the capacity, qualities, skills and experience to be an influential manager, not an antagonist.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP