McGladrey LLP

www.mcgladrey.com

Good accounting firm with a (sometimes) charming small town feel. Aspires to join big 4 ranks.

Consultant (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsColleagues were dedicated, kind and genuine. The culture was conservative, cautious and traditional. Several opportunities for training and development.

ConsIn order to raise profits consultant's bill rates were excessively and frequently increased. This affected employee morale. The ever-increasing unreasonable expectations meant that it became harder and harder to perform well. The rising bill rates often translated to clients either downgrading their projects, or hiring other firms. Hopefully bill rates have become more reasonable since 2009.

Advice to Senior ManagementFInd your market niche- does it really matter to be in the big 4? McGladrey has a small town, rural roots feel- why not highlight that as a strategic advantage? McGladrey employees have this same kind of feel, as if many were raised with small town values and moved to the city, but retained those hard-working solid and trust-imbuing values. The clients, even when wealthy, appear to have these traditional values as well. Clients may pick McGladrey because of its people. Why undermine this strategic advantage with imposing exorbitant bill rates? What's wrong with keeping bill rates reasonable and fair? Many McGladrey clients were raised to be conservative with money, and when it appears to them that the fees aren't reasonable or at market level, they may be inclined to take their business elsewhere. Employees try to bridge the gap in their work with clients, but they can only take it so far. High rates work against a potentially strong strategic advantage- it makes the client think twice about expanding their business with McGladrey.

Great people and good work environment

Winter Tax Intern (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at McGladrey LLP as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Decent hours Everyone is down to earth and the partners are… Cons: Pay could be better Client base is limited to middle market companies. Don't expect to be working with fortune… Advice to Senior Management: PAY US MORE!!!! (lol, don't we all want that!) Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

I have had a great experience @ McGladrey

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: the people and enviroment, the door is always open. The… Cons: more initivites for woman and a better maternity leave policy Advice to Senior Management: write engagement reviews at 40hrs Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on McGladrey LLP.

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!