There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

Great place to work

Current Employee - Audit Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Audit Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

"Work life balance" are three words that get mid size recruiters bark at all time. The hours here are better than most places. I averaged about 60 billable hours/week during busy season. I don't have a complaint about my compensation and the people I work with are great

Cons

Name recognition. The name isn't as well know as some of McG's competitors. I work in one of the largest offices and at times I feel like just an employee number to management.

reviews filtered by

McGladrey LLP is a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Audit Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Audit Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to gain lots of experience. Clear promotion track. Great place to start a career.

Cons

Long hours during busy season. Some traveling.

Admins are treated horribly.

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice building...depending on the day. Benefits are pretty good for the area I live in. Plenty of work to do.

Cons

This is not the place to work if you want to be an admin. Their technology consulting team is a joke. Imagine being in a frat house. Nothing but discussions of beer, women, and nonstop gas passing with a manager whose favorite joke is his number is the number for HR. No management accountability what-so-ever. I've worked in lower paying positions that cared more about their employees. Unrealistic mind reading expectations with no communication as to how this magic trick is supposed to be accomplished. Promotion system is basically worthless. I work in an office where a part time person that rarely comes to work was promoted to office lead. When promotion expectations are set they need to be approved of by the one admin that the whole company seems to be afraid of and if she doesnt like you, well, you're done for. This woman is not even in a leadership position. Career Advisor and Principal argue over what my job duties should be and will not allow overtime but want everything done yesterday. Honestly this comes from everyone. I thought i had applied for a position to assist one person, as it turns out I'm the admin for everyone who calls the office...project managers, bds, consultants from other offices, etc. Admins are the lowest rung on the totem pole and are treated terribly. This was the worst career decision I have made in my life.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. The environment here is terrible.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP