Great place to work

Current Employee - Audit Associate  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Audit Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

"Work life balance" are three words that get mid size recruiters bark at all time. The hours here are better than most places. I averaged about 60 billable hours/week during busy season. I don't have a complaint about my compensation and the people I work with are great

Cons

Name recognition. The name isn't as well know as some of McG's competitors. I work in one of the largest offices and at times I feel like just an employee number to management.

Other Reviews for McGladrey LLP

McGladrey LLP is a great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Audit Associate  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Audit Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to gain lots of experience. Clear promotion track. Great place to start a career.

Cons

Long hours during busy season. Some traveling.

Long-time Senior Associate

Current Employee - Senior Associate (Non CPA)  in  Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Associate (Non CPA) in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at McGladrey LLP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Real directors and career advisors who care if you take the time to talk with them. I've built my career here and feel that I am fortunate to work with some pretty great people. There were a few rocky years during the transition from the partner company, but now that the branding is settled, everything else seems to be falling into place, as well. Their is HUGE growth in the Ohio market, especially in technology and health care consulting.

Cons

I sometimes feel as though the Chicago-office professionals are promoted before other offices, given that it is the headquarters. All employees should be promoted based upon the annual review process and performance... not location. I see several folks around me who are discouraged year-after-year because of broken promises made about potential career advancement and promotions that didn't happen. HR and advisors need to be honest or risk losing good people.

Continue to develop the flexibility and work-life balance that you have. It attracts new talent but it's also a factor in keeping good employees!

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP.

Worked for McGladrey LLP? Contribute to the Community!