McGladrey LLP

www.mcgladrey.com
  www.mcgladrey.com
There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

Satisfied but we can always do more.

Current Employee - Consulting Senior Associate in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Consulting Senior Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

Opportunity to work on all aspects of an engagement from day 1.

Cons

Imbalance of work load and demanding 'public accounting' mentality.

More time needs be spent developing people for their next position via immediate feedback. Allow us to cross train over different functions.

392 Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP (View Most Recent)

Good place to start or end your career

Current Employee - Audit Senior in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in New York, NY

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

Good people who are family-oriented and believe in work/life balace [other than busy season, which is justified]. Serves middle-market clients, which can be good or bad. I enjoyed the learning curve when I started my employment with M&P, however, now that I've been here 4 years, the client-base, or lack-thereof, is a bit boring. I would like to work on bigger clients, perhaps SEC, however, M&P does not serve this market... which I can't blame them for. I would consider moving here as a Partner as I would most likely have a family by then and would enjoy the work/life balance M&P has to offer.

Cons

Not rewarded for exceeding above peers via pay and title. I've received 'exceeding' marks every year, however, I don't feel that I've been promoted and compensated accordingly. Also, M&P seems to be in a growing phase, so they might not have the cash to pay more quality work. Furthermore, I think the talent here is being diluted. The rounds of employees we get each year seem to be deteriorating. I truly believe they want quantity and not quality, which they feel will come as they grow. I'm not saying this approach won't work, but to work with some less talented people is frustrating to say the least, especially at my level.

Should reward people who are driven and want to succeed. Bring in business that will make money instead of increasing the 'top line.' I believe in growing through the 'black ink' approach where we only take on clients that show net income.

Decent employee experience - good career starter

Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Baltimore, MD

I worked at McGladrey LLP

Pros

Diverse project experiences - ability to work in different industries and different size companies at beginning of career before specializing
    Rapid advancement opportunities for high-performers
    Some very caring, talented people

Cons

No work/life balance
    Very political - promotions are not always competency based and poor performers are kept for too long
    Audit technology a poorly planned disaster
    Some not-so-caring and not-so-talented people

Cut back on the admin and fluff events so that people can get their work done. Every lame work event, useless meeting, or useless training class costs people their personal time to get their regular work done and meet billable hour goals
    Cut back on the marketing ploy of promoting work/life balance both inside and outside the company - it is a big lie.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP