McGladrey LLP

www.mcgladrey.com
  www.mcgladrey.com
There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP

An amazing company to work for.

Current Employee - Tax Associate in Schaumburg, IL
Current Employee - Tax Associate in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

Very friendly work environment that consistently provides challenging and rewarding work.

Cons

Due to the acquisitions that have occurred over the last several years, there still remains a culture clash between legacy firms brought into the company.

keep focusing on the future and taking efforts to align the company with their long term visions

391 Other Employee Reviews for McGladrey LLP (View Most Recent)

Satisfied but we can always do more.

Current Employee - Consulting Senior Associate in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Consulting Senior Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

Opportunity to work on all aspects of an engagement from day 1.

Cons

Imbalance of work load and demanding 'public accounting' mentality.

More time needs be spent developing people for their next position via immediate feedback. Allow us to cross train over different functions.

Good place to start or end your career

Current Employee - Audit Senior in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in New York, NY

I have been working at McGladrey LLP

Pros

Good people who are family-oriented and believe in work/life balace [other than busy season, which is justified]. Serves middle-market clients, which can be good or bad. I enjoyed the learning curve when I started my employment with M&P, however, now that I've been here 4 years, the client-base, or lack-thereof, is a bit boring. I would like to work on bigger clients, perhaps SEC, however, M&P does not serve this market... which I can't blame them for. I would consider moving here as a Partner as I would most likely have a family by then and would enjoy the work/life balance M&P has to offer.

Cons

Not rewarded for exceeding above peers via pay and title. I've received 'exceeding' marks every year, however, I don't feel that I've been promoted and compensated accordingly. Also, M&P seems to be in a growing phase, so they might not have the cash to pay more quality work. Furthermore, I think the talent here is being diluted. The rounds of employees we get each year seem to be deteriorating. I truly believe they want quantity and not quality, which they feel will come as they grow. I'm not saying this approach won't work, but to work with some less talented people is frustrating to say the least, especially at my level.

Should reward people who are driven and want to succeed. Bring in business that will make money instead of increasing the 'top line.' I believe in growing through the 'black ink' approach where we only take on clients that show net income.

There are newer employer reviews for McGladrey LLP