McGrath's Fish House
www.mcgrathsfishhouse.com Salem, OR 16 to 50 Employees

waiting tables is a thankless job, but a good way to make it through school!

Server (Current Employee)

ProsThe best reason to work in the food service industry is the money. That is basically the only thing to do it for. There is no room for advancement or personal growth. Its not this company specifically, its just the way the business is. You wait tables and collect your tips. If you do it well, you get good tips..if not, you move on. I usually averaged around 15-20 dollars an hour. Its a godd way to get through school.

ConsThe work is fast paced and very stressful. Some customers are repectful, courteous and polite. Some are not. Some go out of their way to take out their stresses on you. As a server you get very little respect form customers. Most assume you are not very intellegent and treat you as such. Again the money is the only reason to wait tables. I never really got any personal satisfaction from doing it. Again the money is good and the hours are great for getting through school.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managment is treated about the same as the serving staff. They work long hours and get very little respect or satisfaction from their jobs. Most would last about a year and move on. The food service industry is not something to make a career out of.

Layton, UT: Mostly nice people, a lot of side work, terrible tippers on certain shifts.

Food Server (Former Employee)
    Layton, UT

I worked at McGrath's Fish House part-time for less than a year

Pros: Co-workers and on-site management are mostly pretty nice and willing to… Cons: Average tips are at 10% in Layton. This for full dining service. Far below what you can make in SLC. A… Advice to Senior Management: Suggest tip percentage on receipt. It's a simple, inexpensive way to help those who help create customer satisfaction and drive repeat business… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great company with a lot of flexibility

Food Server (Former Employee)
    Lynnwood, WA

I worked at McGrath's Fish House part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great company to work for while going to school or raising a family. I am sure… Cons: Working with people who didn't care about their job, made… Advice to Senior Management: Weed out those who really don't care about their fellow employees and are only… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on McGrath's Fish House.

Worked for McGrath's Fish House? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McGrath's Fish House reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McGrath's Fish House CEO ohn McGrath. All reviews posted anonymously by McGrath's Fish House employees.