McGrath's Fish House

www.mcgrathsfishhouse.com

waiting tables is a thankless job, but a good way to make it through school!

Server (Current Employee)

ProsThe best reason to work in the food service industry is the money. That is basically the only thing to do it for. There is no room for advancement or personal growth. Its not this company specifically, its just the way the business is. You wait tables and collect your tips. If you do it well, you get good tips..if not, you move on. I usually averaged around 15-20 dollars an hour. Its a godd way to get through school.

ConsThe work is fast paced and very stressful. Some customers are repectful, courteous and polite. Some are not. Some go out of their way to take out their stresses on you. As a server you get very little respect form customers. Most assume you are not very intellegent and treat you as such. Again the money is the only reason to wait tables. I never really got any personal satisfaction from doing it. Again the money is good and the hours are great for getting through school.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe managment is treated about the same as the serving staff. They work long hours and get very little respect or satisfaction from their jobs. Most would last about a year and move on. The food service industry is not something to make a career out of.

Layton, UT: Mostly nice people, a lot of side work, terrible tippers on certain shifts.

Food Server (Former Employee) Layton, UT

I worked at McGrath's Fish House part-time for less than a year

Pros: Co-workers and on-site management are mostly pretty nice and willing to… Cons: Average tips are at 10% in Layton. This for full dining service. Far below what you can make in SLC. A… Advice to Senior Management: Suggest tip percentage on receipt. It's a simple, inexpensive way to help those who help create customer satisfaction and drive repeat business… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

No advancement

Hostess (Current Employee) Boise, ID

I have been working at McGrath's Fish House part-time for less than a year

Pros: 50% discount Easy to schedule around other jobs Being late is no… Cons: Buying your uniform is a pain (they don't provide anything but the tie) No raises or promotions after years of working there. The hostess… Advice to Senior Management: Keep a closer eye on your servers! And consider firing employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on McGrath's Fish House.

Worked for McGrath's Fish House? Contribute to the Community!