McGraw-Hill Education
www.mheducation.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Potential is there, but it's mostly just disappointing.

Assistant Editor (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

ProsThe salary, and the fact that other companies are impressed by your credentials when you eventually leave and get a better job elsewhere.

ConsNo feedback, constructive criticism, or job descriptions to speak of. This seems to be on purpose...to justify any questionable promotions and to keep employees guessing and worried. Or to hide the fact that management has no idea what anybody is doing. The place is so unstable that micromanagement is rampant and covering your you-know-what is the only priority. This happens at a lot of companies, but there is a bit of denial and a belief that this company is above that.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no real review process. Employees come to a review ready to talk about their contributions, only to be assured that they are doing "fine" and given other vague compliments and no feedback at all on how to improve. Rookies might fall for this, but it's clear that management can't provide information because they don't actually know what employees are doing. There is no growth or learning for the employee, or, even worse, an employee who is not performing well might actually believe that they are "fine." As far as management knows, they are. No one wins here.

Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at McGraw-Hill Education full-time

Pros: Nice group of people. Managers do not micro-manage. Great location. Cons: I can't think of any. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place for a career in publishing

Digital Product Manager (Former Employee)
    Burr Ridge, IL

I worked at McGraw-Hill Education as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Great work/life balance, interesting products Cons: Salary lower than expected. Many old ways of thinking and status quo. Not easy to move to better positions within company.… Advice to Senior Management: Increase pay. Regarding technology, provide more services in-house, bring in good people and pay them then they… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on McGraw-Hill Education.

Worked for McGraw-Hill Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McGraw-Hill Education reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McGraw-Hill Education CEO David Levin . All reviews posted anonymously by McGraw-Hill Education employees.