McGraw-Hill Education

There are newer employer reviews for McGraw-Hill Education

Excellent Benefits and Flexibility

Former Employee - Designer in Columbus, OH
Former Employee - Designer in Columbus, OH

I worked at McGraw-Hill Education full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for and raise a family. The hours are flexible and the benefits are great. The work was rewarding knowing we were striving to create top notch educational materials. My supervisors were excellent. They assigned and trusted me to get the work done.

Cons

The pay wasn't amazing and raises were very small. The company is struggling a bit to transition and balance print materials with the new internet age.

Empower the various departments to make decisions and be experts in their areas of expertise. The arduous approval processes up the chain can really slow the company down. This kind of responsibility also makes employees vested in their jobs and take real ownership.

264 Other Employee Reviews for McGraw-Hill Education (View Most Recent)

Great benefits, if you don't get laid off first.

Former Employee - Editor in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Editor in Columbus, OH

I worked at McGraw-Hill Education full-time (more than a year)

Pros

McGraw-Hill has great benefits- you get decent insurance right away, and some vacation days right away. There is good work life balance. I liked the people that I worked with.

Cons

There was an annual to semi-annual layoff event, but they generally give you a free lunch or ice cream after. There is not much room for advancement.

Good Workplace vs. Lack of Vision

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at McGraw-Hill Education full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Coworkers were good folks and the benefits package for working at McGraw-Hill was impressive. Work/life balance was respected.

Cons

Management seemed to lack vision and was often very secretive. Processes are antiquated, slow and overly complex. This is not an agile company but a cumbersome machine. Also, professional development for employees was sorely lacking despite a lot of talent.

Become more youthful, adaptive and develop your talent and resources accordingly or get stuck in the past.

There are newer employer reviews for McGraw-Hill Education