There are newer employer reviews for McGraw-Hill Education

A Time of Change

I have been working at McGraw-Hill Education full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

* salary
* great employees
* employee programs

Cons

* managers are power driven and don't listen
* expectation of work 20 hours a day
* internal processes are not established and no one seems to know what to do

Upper management is in a place to really affect change and should seek out the opinions of successful individual contributors. Many times the manager is contacted but for the most part we are successful in spite of the constant need of reports, documentation, and job justification.

222 Other Employee Reviews for McGraw-Hill Education (View Most Recent)

Great Products. Toxic Culture.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at McGraw-Hill Education full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

We have the best technology products on the market. The competition doesn’t offer anything remotely close to LearnSmart.

Cons

The culture has grown so toxic. Leadership talks about a new kind of company, but it’s all fear-driven. There is so much backbiting among managers. The turnover is terrible. We’re all being run into the ground. Some territories are on their third rep in two years. No surprise: Reps are thrown into the field with barebones training. Management doesn’t want to hear excuses, but they don’t want to be held accountable either.

Quit patting yourselves on the back. You’re living off the wise investments of the previous regime. Stop behaving like the Mad Men era never ended. You’re going to get us sued. Quit threatening to replace sales reps with laid off Cengage reps. That’s not how to motivate people! If you’re going to slash our budgets and send us emails on being frugal, stop flying the whole management team to Vegas on the company dime. Get your arms around Connect. We can’t keep crashing or repeatedly having codes that don't work.

Excellent Benefits and Flexibility

Former Employee - Designer  in  Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Designer in Columbus, OH

I worked at McGraw-Hill Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a great company to work for and raise a family. The hours are flexible and the benefits are great. The work was rewarding knowing we were striving to create top notch educational materials. My supervisors were excellent. They assigned and trusted me to get the work done.

Cons

The pay wasn't amazing and raises were very small. The company is struggling a bit to transition and balance print materials with the new internet age.

Empower the various departments to make decisions and be experts in their areas of expertise. The arduous approval processes up the chain can really slow the company down. This kind of responsibility also makes employees vested in their jobs and take real ownership.

There are newer employer reviews for McGraw-Hill Education

Worked for McGraw-Hill Education? Contribute to the Community!