There are newer employer reviews for McGraw-Hill Education

A Time of Change

I have been working at McGraw-Hill Education full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

* salary
* great employees
* employee programs

Cons

* managers are power driven and don't listen
* expectation of work 20 hours a day
* internal processes are not established and no one seems to know what to do

Upper management is in a place to really affect change and should seek out the opinions of successful individual contributors. Many times the manager is contacted but for the most part we are successful in spite of the constant need of reports, documentation, and job justification.

reviews filtered by

Care more about results and less about face time

I have been working at McGraw-Hill Education

Pros

Decent benefits package and it's in a nice building.

Cons

Management style is dated. You would think a company that publishes business/management books would take some of its own authors' advice and care more about results and less about being "seen".

Get out of the past. You won't retain talent with a 1950's mentality that demoralizes and creates of culture of mistrust in your teams.

3rd place for a reason

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at McGraw-Hill Education full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I am working with the most talented people I have ever worked with. Helping my customers identify which of our solutions will benefit their students is rewarding.

Cons

Constantly 'on call' to customers, especially during peak times. Work load can be overwhelming and as your territory grows you only create more work for yourself. Product team and sales team are being pitted against each other. Custom product disasters are to be expected? Technology is amazing and potentially a game changer, content is very weak. There is a reason MHHE is in 3rd place with such low market share.There is very little time or incentive to really build relationships with faculty, it is hurry up close the sale and move on to the next one. Salary is low, bonus potential is for the lucky few.

Really get in touch with the "Culture" part of your drum beat or you'll realize your "talent" has been burnt out or left. The economy is improving, people can and will find jobs that allow for a work life balance representing companies and products that truly care about its people and customers.

There are newer employer reviews for McGraw-Hill Education