McGraw-Hill Education

There are newer employer reviews for McGraw-Hill Education

Good to bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at McGraw-Hill Education full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed working environment and true 9-5

Cons

No room for advancement and low yearly increases even if you have a great review

If you want people to stay,you have to give then a reason

236 Other Employee Reviews for McGraw-Hill Education (View Most Recent)

Sales rep

I have been working at McGraw-Hill Education

Pros

Name recognition, health insurance, other benefits

Cons

Training is up to the new hire to find, if you seek it out it is good.

Absolutely exceptional until 2011

Current Employee - Executive Brand Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Brand Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at McGraw-Hill Education full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Outstanding, exceedingly intelligent colleagues who are more-than-committed to education and to creating superior learning tools. Merit-based culture - replete with hard-working, very dedicated, collaborative co-workers. Always changing, exciting, upbeat, and highly professional.

Cons

Candidly, there were no "cons" until the summer of 2011 when there was a massive reorganization. Yes, we were all workaholics, but it was self-induced and many of us loved the job so much, we willingly over-worked. Relative to the 2011 change-up, it occurred when an entirely new executive team was put in place. While many of us agreed that change needed to occur, and we welcomed it; at the same time, we also agreed that the manner in which the change was conducted was unprofessional, unsavory, and certainly not in line with what the McGraw-Hill brand and culture heretofore represented.

Where shall I start? Stop placing inexperienced, unseasoned people in high level management roles. Please cease the fraternity/sorority culture which has taken over our once highly distinguished, merit-based company. You say that you reward people based on "numbers, track record, and merit" - - - really? I know plenty of promoted individuals whose track record is as deep as a puddle, yet because they match the fraternity-boy profile you seek, they receive promotions. Utter hypocrisy and such a sad state in which the company has been left. Unfortunately and quietly, we are all waiting for our way out and/or until there is a change-up in the highest ranks.

There are newer employer reviews for McGraw-Hill Education