McGraw-Hill Education
www.mheducation.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Overly structured, inflexible, and autocratic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at McGraw-Hill Education

ProsThe benefits and salary were satisfactory, but only after I pressured management to hold themselves to their own pay scale.

ConsWhile the company projects a modern, innovative approach to publishing, actual practice falls short. Our group began with high hopes to transform some key functions through technology, but found ourselves thwarted by endless bureaucracy and rigid, unreceptive management. Management style is needlessly autocratic, and it doesn't end at company politics; they actually lecture employees on their political views. We found it hard to excel under this stifling environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt begins and ends with Terry McGraw III; he obviously sets the tone for the whole company. I could mention the usual like respect employees who speak up, reward initiative, and embrace change.

Great place to intern

Editorial Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at McGraw-Hill Education

Pros: Most employees are very friendly and willing to help you… Cons: Can be hard to communicate with upper management. Advice to Senior Management: Although you're busy try to pay more attention to employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Here is where design careers fall off

Designer (Current Employee)
DeSoto, TX

I have been working at McGraw-Hill Education

Pros: It seemed like a good step up in my career. I was no longer a novice designer, but I wasn't… Cons: If you have plans of doing great design, please look elsewhere. Here you will not be rewarded for great design, anything outside of the scope… Advice to Senior Management: Middle management doesn't focus on results and numbers, focuses on control and oversight. There is very little freedom or autonomy in your personal job. Each… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on McGraw-Hill Education.

Worked for McGraw-Hill Education? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McGraw-Hill Education reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McGraw-Hill Education CEO Lloyd G. "Buzz" Waterhouse. All reviews posted anonymously by McGraw-Hill Education employees.