McGraw Hill Financial
www.mhfi.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

At a crossroads

Senior Editor (Former Employee)
Boston, MA

ProsAmple opportunity for leadership and advancement, good salary and benefits packages, decent communication within individual business units. I was treated very well by my immeidate supervisors and there is genuine culture of rewards and recognition in place. The corporation is very well-run, very professional.

ConsThere is a potential disconnect between sement-level daily priorities and corporate plans/desires. The education segment felt, at times, like something of a black box -- it was not clear that corporate understoon exactly how we were being run on a day to day basis, and that manifested in some lack of follow-through. The segment talks a very good game regardign the future, but the needed activities didn't always take place at the ground level.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time planning future revenue streams/alternative businesses; spend more time building concensus within the segment.

McGraw-Hill is a robotic, contradicting, unjustified company

Reporter (Current Employee)
    Hightstown, NJ

I have been working at McGraw Hill Financial

Pros: The benefits are well laid out and you recieve good… Cons: no diversity, all male white male run - it's like… Advice to Senior Management: Stop being so stuck up and firm and take the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

McGraw-Hill good place to work with great benefits

Assessment Editor II (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

I have been working at McGraw Hill Financial

Pros: The benefits package is really great, and once in the job security is… Cons: The in-house communication is really lacking sometimes, but they know it and are trying to work on it. The companies move to out-source some aspects of… Advice to Senior Management: Hire the Kelly employess who have shown their worth. It is unfair to them to keep them as temporary employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on McGraw Hill Financial.

Worked for McGraw Hill Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McGraw Hill Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McGraw Hill Financial CEO Douglas L. Peterson. All reviews posted anonymously by McGraw Hill Financial employees.