McGraw Hill Financial
www.mhfi.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Out with the old...

Engineer (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsClose to home and good office location. It is a very good work environment and a good team for the most part. There is decent compensation and freedom to identify my own projects and support from my management to pursue them.

ConsIts difficult to get things done sometimes because of the incompetence of other employees or too much internal bureaucracy. Sometimes policy and strategy is set merely by what upper management wants instead of it being a rationalized process. Having to travel to multiple locations is sometimes a pain. There should be a greater incentive to work from home on a more regular basis and telecommute as this will cut expenses.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would improve career opportunities for some of your higher performing employees. Get rid of the dinosaurs in the company that can not adapt to the new environment.

At a crossroads

Senior Editor (Former Employee)
    Boston, MA

I worked at McGraw Hill Financial

Pros: Ample opportunity for leadership and advancement, good salary and benefits packages, decent communication within individual business units. I was treated very well… Cons: There is a potential disconnect between sement-level daily priorities and corporate plans/desires. The education segment felt, at times, like something of a black box… Advice to Senior Management: Spend more time planning future revenue streams/alternative businesses; spend… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

McGraw-Hill is a robotic, contradicting, unjustified company

Reporter (Current Employee)
    Hightstown, NJ

I have been working at McGraw Hill Financial

Pros: The benefits are well laid out and you recieve good… Cons: no diversity, all male white male run - it's like… Advice to Senior Management: Stop being so stuck up and firm and take the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on McGraw Hill Financial.

Worked for McGraw Hill Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McGraw Hill Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McGraw Hill Financial CEO Douglas L. Peterson. All reviews posted anonymously by McGraw Hill Financial employees.