McGraw Hill Financial

www.mhfi.com

Good pay and benefits, good work/life balance, not challenging enough, too corporate

Senior Database Administrator (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe salary is very decent, taking into account 401K match which is 6%, cash and RSU bonus. Some new managers are very smart and hands-on. Some new engineers are very smart and motivated. The compensation is decent, but it seems everyone is getting averaged.

ConsOthers sat there for 20 years and lack basic expertise to do the work, the only reason their opinion counts is - seniority. Not enough freedom for engineers, this makes your projects sink and postpone forever. New engineers and their ideas are getting slashed by MHF management old timers for no good reasons, just because they worked for the company for too long and know their way around.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate better to motivate employees to stay and fight with old timers to bring the change to company. Do better and more detailed review of old timers: there are a lot of people who have senior titles and not doing much and not knowing much - completely out of touch with technology advancements.

Very nice place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at McGraw Hill Financial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: various departments & possibility of growth Cons: several changes over the years Advice to Senior Management: Continue to communicate with empolyees Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great beginning, bad ending.

Senior Administrator (Former Employee) Hightstown, NJ

I worked at McGraw Hill Financial full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good health benefits. Work life balance is very good. Cons: Like many companies, especially in IT your position may be… Advice to Senior Management: None. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on McGraw Hill Financial.

Worked for McGraw Hill Financial? Contribute to the Community!