McKee Foods
www.mckeefoods.com Collegedale, TN 5000+ Employees

It was great for my first twenty years

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Gentry, AR

ProsThey tend to do well in bad economic times. People will always buy cheap snack cakes.
Stability, many long-term employees.
Decent pay scale.

ConsWhile OD McKee was alive, and while his sons were directly involved in the company, innovation was encouraged and praised. Once the third generation took over, OD's catchphrase "There's a better way. Let's find it!" has been quietly set aside.
Nowadays, it's run just like any other heartless, clueless megacorporation, with the exception that (seriously) God is claimed to be its ultimate guiding force.

Advice to Senior ManagementOD made that company what it is. Get back to encouraging and rewarding innovative thinking. Let the grandkids quit thinking like MBA's and get back to thinking like small business owners.

Family owned... people care about you

I/S Intern (Current Employee)
    Collegedale, TN

I have been working at McKee Foods as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Its a smaller place so its pretty friendly. Working in I/S is pretty chill for the most part. A lot of the full time employees… Cons: Too many free little debbies. You'll get fat. They don't have many open positions for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Ok place to work but need alot of work far as communication between management!

Stuarts Draft, VA

I have been working at McKee Foods

Pros: time off, profit sharing bonus, good benefits Cons: Management needs a major overhaul, and major cuts. Why on earth do we need so many supertindents! Too good to lay… Advice to Senior Management: Work more on getting better equipment into the plants, and focus on cutting down on waste and lean more towards going green… More
There are newer reviews on McKee Foods.

Worked for McKee Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at McKee Foods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for McKee Foods CEO Mike McKee. All reviews posted anonymously by McKee Foods employees.