There are newer employer reviews for McKee Foods

A great place to work!

Former Employee - Human Resources
Former Employee - Human Resources

I worked at McKee Foods

Pros

Very open with information. They want to hear what you have to say and are dedicated to making McKee a great place to work. Compensation and benefits are competitive. There is tremendous longevity among the workforce and an opportunity for advancement, if you are willing to stick around. The team is very open to diversity and variation in thinking. The family is actively involved in the business and has the competence to perform in the positions they hold.

Cons

While the senior leaders have good intentions there are many great programs, processes and procedures developed but not being actively used and likewise, many dysfunctional programs, processes and procedures being used. Each division is a silo i.e. transportation, distribution, manufacturing and field sales and within each of those divided further within each. This causes the organization to often times work against itself.

Get rid of the silos. Create one HR function, one IT function and etc. The confusion caused by the division in these functional areas causes employee dissatisfaction and the inability to get a straight answer- most often at the first line level.

reviews filtered by
  1. Always learning new ways to sell

Current Employee - District Sales Representative
    Current Employee - District Sales Representative

I have been working at McKee Foods full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, company vehicle, excellent sales force and always support from the bakery

Cons

Distribution system sometimes can hurt our business with negative distributors. Profitability can be low for the independent distributors because company makes us put on new locations every year

Listen to your sales reps

2. Poor Management, Human Resources, and Benefits

Former Employee - Office Worker in Collegedale, TN
    Former Employee - Office Worker in Collegedale, TN

I worked at McKee Foods full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you a man - you will go far, if you a woman, just go somewhere else RIGHT NOW!

Cons

People could only get promoted if they were sleeping with someone, completely stupid, or just totally unethical. If your family oriented, and not willing to dedicate your life to your job instead of your family, then I suggest you just pass this place over. When taking PTO they want to know why....IT"S NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!! I was salaried and I was getting texted all the time on my days off. My boss was totally not skilled, knowledgeable, or even motivated to do his job....therefore everyone else had to carry his weight on top of their everyday activities. He was arrested multiple times, and still received pay increases for his work, while the rest of us suffered with no decent increase.

Fire all the old guys sitting in place waiting for retirement that refuse to actually work on moving the company forward in the right direction, and maybe you would finally see that rocket ride. LOL! Hold your managers to the same high standards they expect of their employees.....old management is not skilled in current and latest technologies. Half you time at work is spent teaching them, and them getting frustrated at you for actually knowing what your doing.....believe me if your stupid and into extra marital affairs - PLEASE GO PUT IN FOR A JOB!

There are newer employer reviews for McKee Foods