There are newer employer reviews for McKee Foods

It is wonderful GOD has blessed me to have found a home

Current Employee - CMO in Collegedale, TN
Current Employee - CMO in Collegedale, TN

Pros

They have been very good to me i get overtime and I put 2 kids through college with their help,I would never want to work anywhere else.The McKee's have been like family,I never been afraid to ask anything because the worst that can be said is no.I tell everybody how good they are and if stores don't carry our product I don't shop there.

Cons

The only thing I can say is we have ppl there that aren't bosses but sure think they we are all equal at Mckee's.

Advice to Management

I wish they could back yrs ago and tell the ppl if they don't like working there instead of not doing there job,don't let the door hit them on the way out.

Other Employee Reviews for McKee Foods

1. I have loved working at Mckee Foods.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collegedale, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collegedale, TN

Pros

Good wages. Medical Benifits. Family owned and operated. Christian owned.

Cons

I can not think of any.

Overall good, but dysfunctional management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collegedale, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Collegedale, TN

Pros

I can't speak for the manufacturing operations, but in salaried business process areas, it is a relatively good company to work for. They are very good at hiring and retaining excellent people, so there is plenty of talent and a "nice" atmosphere is valued and maintained.

Cons

There is more than the typical amount of management dysfunction. Silos of authority are sacrosanct causing logical absurdities.

Advice to Management

Hire some good management consultants to totally redesign the management structures of the company, then implement at least most of the recommendations. Centralize Information Technology authority and implement a cohesive IT strategy throughout the company.