McKesson Information Solutions

www.mckesson.com
There are newer employer reviews for McKesson Information Solutions

Mckesson Provider Technologies, Alpharetta, Management need training. Friends and Family all the way around.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at McKesson Information Solutions

Pros

The parent company, 'McKesson Corporation'. If I could transfer, I think that I would be happier. Benefits are good, Some of the peers that I work with are nice and pleasant to work with.

Cons

Management has no idea what they are doing. They don't empower or effectively manage their direct reports. Sone have no clue what they are doing. It's more of a friends and family atmosphere..and seems to be one where some people aren't disciplined for poor performance. In some cases, you are treated like a kid, by a manager who has no clue on how to do your job. I think it could stand to be more diverse. Moving up is not an easy feat...for some..

Learn how to manage. Some managers seem hesitant to apprach each other with issues because it is one tight circle, it seems. Motivate and empower your team. Train, Train, Train everyone...not just some people. Better tools to effectively evaluate performance needed.

158 Other Employee Reviews for McKesson Information Solutions (View Most Recent)

Overall pretty good place to work, Base Salary is not competative with industry avg and commission structure not good!

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at McKesson Information Solutions

Pros

Good people, good training, and overall positive experience

Cons

Poor Mngt infrastructure, to much constant change in upper levels of decision making.

Detail clear and specific goals for sales organization.

It has been an excellent place to work

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at McKesson Information Solutions

Pros

Good pay
    6 weeks of PTO
    401k Match
    Good choice of health benefits
    Good ability to move within the company
    It's not a sweatshop

I have worked for this company for 13 years. It was my first job coming out of college. I was thrilled to be hired. Thirteen years later, I still think that it's a great place to work. The environment is friendly and it's not a sweatshop. As with most jobs, your mileage may vary depending upon your manager. Also, the layoffs are humane. They bring in people to help with finding you a new job and let you sit at your desk for a month finding a new job.

Cons

Job turmoil
    Job education not as good as it used to be
    Some parts of company are not making money

If you like your job, the worst thing that you can think of is to be laid off. McKesson Information Solutions in Alpharetta is constantly moving and shifting because some parts of the company do well while others do not. Many projects get "sunsetted" because they are not competitive. It's upsetting to have to change jobs every 3-5 years. The one part of the company that is making money hand over foot is Managed Services, so if you can find a job in that organization, do it. Also, the education part of McKesson used to offer in-classroom training. These days, those training rooms are ghost towns. I learned a lot during the in-classroom training and it helped my career 100%.

Re-hydrate the in-classroom training, especially the technical training.

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson Information Solutions