McKesson Information Solutions

www.mckesson.com
There are newer employer reviews for McKesson Information Solutions

A lot of chaos and hard to see a professional development path if not an engineer

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Westminster, CO
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Westminster, CO

I have been working at McKesson Information Solutions full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Casual atmosphere. Autonomy in work if you are competent

Cons

Hard to shake the belief we are on a sinking ship

160 Other Employee Reviews for McKesson Information Solutions (View Most Recent)

Great people, good products, not so great senior leadership

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at McKesson Information Solutions

Pros

- The people are great to work with, dedicated to their job and passionate about the products they build and support.
    - The job did lend itself to career advancement but, for me, that was only because people left or were fired and someone had to take their place.
    - Good benefits
    - Great amount of paid time off

Cons

- Pay is not so great.
    - Senior leadership seems confused about what direction they want to take things.
    - The company or the business units reorganize way too often. Just about the time you get used to things being the way they are, they go and change things.
    - They lay off far too many people far too often. The frequency alone is a huge disruption and very unproductive.
    - They lay off the wrong people. They keep the people who are not performing or who don't know what they are doing and get rid of people who know how to do the job and they work hard. Very strange.
    - They do not know how to cut costs. They seem to only do that by way of doing lay offs.

- Get a strategy and stick to it. Stop changing it every year.
    - Learn how to really make customers happy by delivering on your promises and giving good solid leadership to the product strategies you are setting.
    - Stop killing off good products.
    - Put your money into the products that are making you a lot of money already as opposed to trying to reinvent the wheel with new products that lack the track record.
    - Stop trying to just use all the latest technologies and stick with the technologies that work and are proven.

Mckesson Provider Technologies, Alpharetta, Management need training. Friends and Family all the way around.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at McKesson Information Solutions

Pros

The parent company, 'McKesson Corporation'. If I could transfer, I think that I would be happier. Benefits are good, Some of the peers that I work with are nice and pleasant to work with.

Cons

Management has no idea what they are doing. They don't empower or effectively manage their direct reports. Sone have no clue what they are doing. It's more of a friends and family atmosphere..and seems to be one where some people aren't disciplined for poor performance. In some cases, you are treated like a kid, by a manager who has no clue on how to do your job. I think it could stand to be more diverse. Moving up is not an easy feat...for some..

Learn how to manage. Some managers seem hesitant to apprach each other with issues because it is one tight circle, it seems. Motivate and empower your team. Train, Train, Train everyone...not just some people. Better tools to effectively evaluate performance needed.

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson Information Solutions