McKesson Medical-Surgical

www.mckgenmed.com
  www.mckgenmed.com
There are newer employer reviews for McKesson Medical-Surgical

It started out great, but quickly changed...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at McKesson Medical-Surgical

Pros

Solid company that was growing. The benefits were good and the pay was okay.

Cons

No support for the sales reps. More and more was being put on our plates and no help was given. If you had a high travel territory you easily worked 60+ hours a week just to keep your head above water, much less anything extra. Unrealistic goals...

Please stop assuming people are lazy or incompetent when often times management sets the bar too high and doesn't provide enough resources to give people an opportunity to thrive. Also most new business takes time to develop it can't happen in a week's time, especially in a commodity driven industry (one diaper is a good as the next to these folks and cheapest wins). The only thing that you can use to distinguish yourself from the competition is personal relationship and that takes time to develop.

54 Other Employee Reviews for McKesson Medical-Surgical (View Most Recent)

Ugly

Current Employee - Medimart in Golden Valley, MN
    Current Employee - Medimart in Golden Valley, MN

I have been working at McKesson Medical-Surgical

Pros

great medical benefits, if you're a "favored one" you can do whatever you want whenever you want, three weeks paid time off first year

Cons

Total lack of communication from leadership to workers, new employees are not qualified because the advertisement and recruitement for open positions is not for actual job but some figment of imagination, way too much work for each employee due to antiquated computer systems, processes, & procedures and leadership does not have a clue what we do, If you are not a "favored one" you are micromanaged to the nth degree and given absolutely no respect, hourly employees penalized via point system for tardiness even if only one minute late, supervisors sit amongst workers but they don't know what we do and we don't know what they do aside from finding things to criticize about us,

Live by McK icare principles and treat all employees with respect. Listen to us, we care about the company and the quality of our work. We could make Medimart a true industry leader if you let us.

Industry Leader, Proud to be a Part of this Company

Current Employee - Category Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Category Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at McKesson Medical-Surgical

Pros

Competitive benefits. Employee stock purchase plan. Excellent review processes and feedback loop.
    McKesson is a true leader in the healthcare industry. The senior leadership is very bright and experienced. During the recession when many companies were laying off employees, McKesson was investing in employees.
    Very informal style of leadership.

Cons

The building is old and depressing. There is plenty of space for an on-site fitness facility but they will not install one. There is very little training for potential leaders.

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson Medical-Surgical