There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

Decent job, pays well

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker  in  Buffalo, NY
Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at McKesson full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working with fun and helpful people makes great team work and I have a lot of that within the warehouse. I made some very important friendships and have great mentors. My boss gives me job independence as much as possible. Also, lets me use my own creativity and supports me in making and completing my own projects.
You can make decent money without needing a college degree. They are pretty good about working with school schedules so working in the warehouse helps in obtaining an education. If you want to learn a different job or are curious, just ask. The supervisors are usually willing to help and switch you around to learn different jobs. Show them you are a good worker and they are always willing to give you a chance.

Cons

No chance for growth in my current job position, will have to transfer to a different job for better opportunities. There isn't enough positions within the warehouse to move to a higher job scale so you would have to learn as much as you can and either transfer or find a different job. Steer clear of the negativity, it can be very discouraging and there is a lot of it. My co-workers I work with directly can be difficult and it makes it harder to try to be a team which makes it a difficult working situation.
Sometimes the shift can be exhausting and difficult, hours change all the time as well as working overtime. It can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your life situation.

Respect your hardworking employees regardless of how you feel about them. Give them advice instead of always acting on something in a negative way. Encouragement and constructive criticism go a long way.

539 Other Employee Reviews for McKesson (View Most Recent)

Not a well managed company, old old IT infrastructure

Former Employee - Network Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at McKesson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay check, parking, all the Coke products you want. I know what your are thinking Health care company loading employees with the same products we are pulling out of schools for health reasons. You go John H.

Cons

At the C level there is no one with a complete understanding or experience with large corporate infrastructure. Ex. They are still running the HBO domain (20 year old merge) Per-se domain (5 years old) and a handful of other. Hardware in Alpharetta data center is so old. 15 year old servers. There is not a standard for basic things such as network login. Each office is different depending on who they bought at that location. In ATLANTA you have 4 different domains to login into. Best way to describe McKesson infrastructure as a hodge podge network. On the billing side of McKesson they have purchased so many different billing systems they are lost. You should see the marketing interns making cold calls, Oh you use that system, I can not tell as the database I am working off of is not cross referenced to other competing billing systems. Big company but some of the worst benefits I have ever experienced. Problem is the greed of the good ole boys.

Follow Cardinal's plan and break the company into manageable pieces. John need to be either CEO or Chairman of the Board. Large conflict. Set real define able goals for John and other C level. More to running a company than turning it into your cash cow John. Oh yea John you have really shown you worth on HP's board - hired a CEO without meeting with him. Pathetic

Nothing is easy

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at McKesson full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Co-workers up to, but not including, middle management are some of the most hard working professional people I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Flexible hours, work from home and the benefits are the most positive aspect of the company.

Cons

No clear path for advancement. Salary increases below industry average. Far too many non-productive middle managers. Corporation is really a patchwork of different companies so even the simplest task takes a lot of time and effort.

Simplify and standardize

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!