McKesson

www.mckesson.com

Decent job, pays well

Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsWorking with fun and helpful people makes great team work and I have a lot of that within the warehouse. I made some very important friendships and have great mentors. My boss gives me job independence as much as possible. Also, lets me use my own creativity and supports me in making and completing my own projects.
You can make decent money without needing a college degree. They are pretty good about working with school schedules so working in the warehouse helps in obtaining an education. If you want to learn a different job or are curious, just ask. The supervisors are usually willing to help and switch you around to learn different jobs. Show them you are a good worker and they are always willing to give you a chance.

ConsNo chance for growth in my current job position, will have to transfer to a different job for better opportunities. There isn't enough positions within the warehouse to move to a higher job scale so you would have to learn as much as you can and either transfer or find a different job. Steer clear of the negativity, it can be very discouraging and there is a lot of it. My co-workers I work with directly can be difficult and it makes it harder to try to be a team which makes it a difficult working situation.
Sometimes the shift can be exhausting and difficult, hours change all the time as well as working overtime. It can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your life situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your hardworking employees regardless of how you feel about them. Give them advice instead of always acting on something in a negative way. Encouragement and constructive criticism go a long way.

Sales

Regional Director of Sales (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

I worked at McKesson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: McKesson is a great company to work for. They are interested in continuing education and giving employees every opportunity… Cons: There is a tendency to promote male over female although this is very much an… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great team, disorganized company

IT Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

I worked at McKesson full-time for more than a year

Pros: Working in the IT field allows you to interact with many different groups and see what works and what doesn't. My IT team was… Cons: Disorganization among other divisions and units leads to overruns on projects which obviously leads to projects that go over budget. the office i worked… Advice to Senior Management: Setting some standards among management and how they are to engage the daily tasks, become… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on McKesson.

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!