McKesson

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson

Decent job, pays well

Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Buffalo, NY
Current Employee - Warehouse Worker in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at McKesson full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working with fun and helpful people makes great team work and I have a lot of that within the warehouse. I made some very important friendships and have great mentors. My boss gives me job independence as much as possible. Also, lets me use my own creativity and supports me in making and completing my own projects.
You can make decent money without needing a college degree. They are pretty good about working with school schedules so working in the warehouse helps in obtaining an education. If you want to learn a different job or are curious, just ask. The supervisors are usually willing to help and switch you around to learn different jobs. Show them you are a good worker and they are always willing to give you a chance.

Cons

No chance for growth in my current job position, will have to transfer to a different job for better opportunities. There isn't enough positions within the warehouse to move to a higher job scale so you would have to learn as much as you can and either transfer or find a different job. Steer clear of the negativity, it can be very discouraging and there is a lot of it. My co-workers I work with directly can be difficult and it makes it harder to try to be a team which makes it a difficult working situation.
Sometimes the shift can be exhausting and difficult, hours change all the time as well as working overtime. It can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on your life situation.

Respect your hardworking employees regardless of how you feel about them. Give them advice instead of always acting on something in a negative way. Encouragement and constructive criticism go a long way.

576 Other Employee Reviews for McKesson (View Most Recent)

Sales

Former Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Regional Director of Sales in Kansas City, MO

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

McKesson is a great company to work for. They are interested in continuing education and giving employees every opportunity to "sharpen the saw". McKesson has a fair compensation package and employees are recognized and promoted commensurate with achievements.

Cons

There is a tendency to promote male over female although this is very much an under current and would be denied by upper management. However, discrimination against sex is present.

Great team, disorganized company

Former Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Systems Administrator in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at McKesson full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working in the IT field allows you to interact with many different groups and see what works and what doesn't. My IT team was well organized and very team oriented. Manager was focused on customer service and trying to do what was best for the group as well as company.

Cons

Disorganization among other divisions and units leads to overruns on projects which obviously leads to projects that go over budget. the office i worked in was one division and had 4 different groups. Those groups may as well have not known one another given that amount of overall difference in management and performance. Such a stark contrast in management in one location was not unusual. You may have a good team but once you step out and work with a different group, prepare to become frustrated.

Setting some standards among management and how they are to engage the daily tasks, become more customer service oriented. Such a big company, some acknowledgement for the employees would nice.

There are newer employer reviews for McKesson